Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 06:26 PM

walkies :D

well, i took indie up the hills today, tis nice havin new walks to go on! the hills go for miles, so indie can be offlead, but we do meet loads of dogs!

anyway, on the walk today we met a puppy staffie she was gorgeous, she was all black and was apparently 4 months, tho she looked alot smaller than that! but hey, i cant imagine indie ever being that small
anyway, when indie saw her she bounded over knocked poor puppy over and as the pup went to get up she bounded back round and flew into her full pelt ops: poor thing didnt know wot hit her! lol. anyway, we started walking together and the pup was biting indies face and holding on! indies head was pinned to the floor and she was just laying there like a twit,lol. Then when the guy pulled the puppy off indie legged it! lol, then everytime she got close the pup was grabbing hold of her cheek again,lol. Then she had her head pinned again and was biting her nose and ears, looked painful but indie jus lay there like a loon,lol.

ah anyway, that was my lovely walk. oh and a spaniel had a go at humping indie

edited to add the funniest part of my walk, i was throwing the frisby for indie and we were walking along side this wire fence and the wind blew it over. So i told indie to go get it, thinkin she'd run back to where the sty was and go round, but bless her she looked at me rather confused and was trying to figure out a way over. So i kept tellin her to go get it and she took a run up and flew at the fence full pelt!!!! it was quite funny watchin her bouncing back off the fence, but i still felt sorry for her,bless. She looked so confused! lmao
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Hi Jenny

Great to have u back

Sounds like a great walk
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 06:52 PM
LOL, trust a Staffie to think they can run through anything!!

Indie must be very patient to allow a pup to keep grabbing her like that, many dogs wouldn't allow it, nice to hear.

Your walk sounded lovely, I'm jealous - I've had to works lots of overtime lately (hence why I haven't posted in ages!), poor Ozzy has had to go into kennels for a few days just so I can cover for other people being off! I didn't think it fair to keep him cooped up inside when I was out all day.
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2005, 06:58 PM
PMSL!!!

Poor Indie, but I can imagine it was quite funny

Sounds like a lovely walk apart from the amorous spaniel

Aileen x
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Sounds like a good walk Jennie, poor Indie being tormented by the pup she is though just a pup herself. It is nice when the adult dogs tolerate youngsters I was always of the thought that it is a sign of cowardice for an adult dog to go for a pup.

Sounds like a nice walk all in all will you meet the bloke again? Is it somewhere you both go often I bet it would do Indie wonders to have a companion get her used to other dogs & such!

Laura
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 07:09 PM
well i havent seen the guy b4, and ive only lived here since sunday ops: so i may see him again, u never know!

it was nice to see indie being so patient, thats wot i like to see plus she probably deserved it after bombing throuhg the poor pup at first,lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2005, 07:48 PM
Hi Jenny.
Sounds like you and Indie enjoyed yourself so the worries of the area being "rougher" have subsided I am glad to hear it. Hope you enjoy many more walks and just think of the fun Indie will have when your Mom's dog joins her for the walks.

Indie must be tolerant and it sounds like she's acting more grown up maybe more than you think - if she thought of herself as a pup still she wouldn't have run off but played the same. And I don't think Staffs have a pain threashold - they seem to be totally unbothered by puppies teeth - OUCH I say. Even if I moved the Tess as a pup from Sal or divided them by fence Sal would find a way to get back to her or even lie with her head through the fence letting the pup bite her dense or what.

My two play well now and I THANK Sal everyday for being so tolerant of the pup while she was/is growing up and teaching her the right way to play - greet - meet other dogs.

Enjoy your walks.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2005, 09:21 AM
Sounds like she had brilliant fun. Talking about the pup biting Indie made me think of the time when Buster was a little pup about 5 weeks old and Jas was mellowing out, layed on his back and Buster, Jas son, started chewing on Jas' 'private bits' lol Jas just lay there and let him carry on.