View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Mine get at least 1hour everyday, B is only 9months so is not exercised as hard as Glory, I use the same tools as Laura, except the bike, but up the forrestry trail makes up for that.
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 11:00 AM
Mine get about 20 mins most days, plus free running.
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Depends...they get almost all day running around outside in the yard if the sun's out. Usually about a 1/2 hour walk a day on top of that...sometimes more.
kirstie b
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 11:38 AM
Mine get at least an hour a day walking then all the running about and wrestling they do with each other and the kids, must admit they get more in the summer though
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 11:54 AM
max has an hour in the mornings over the fields which is all off lead and normally with one of his sisters and an hour road walking in the afternoon or evening
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Not to hijack the thread...but this is along the same lines...reading the other answers made me curious. Do those of you with multiple dogs think you walk them less now that they have others to play with?

When I just had Rock and Shelby, I walked them 2x a day. Now that there are 6, they run around and chase each other all day and I only walk them a short bit because I feel like they're definitely getting enough exercise. The walking is mostly so we have one on one time.
Housedog
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-04-2005, 05:57 PM
I find that I walk the same but the dogs get twice the exercise, with the amount of playing that they do.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 06:01 PM
Luna gets 10-15 minutes off lead in the morning. 1-2 hours in the afternoon, and 1-15 minutes in the evening.

If I have Bella, as I do now, I do sometimes make the afternoon walk shorter, as they run around like mad ones...

If I go to the wood or the beach it will be a walk for 2½-3 hours..
Mr.Spock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2005, 07:05 PM
I think it's great that you all have such nice open spaces to let your dogs run free in!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
hello - bruno gets about 1/2 hr in the morning and then a good 1hr in the afternoon - all on lead thjough - and then late doors he goes out with OH and gets off lead for about 20 mins - However at weekends he probably gets double that as we usually go out up the hills or away for the day etc. he also gets hydrotherapy once a week now and some days like today I was out for a five mile hike with him and my friend and her dog which i am suffering from so am about to retreat to my bed - if i can get the dog off it as he has been asleep on it practically since we got home at 4pm!!!! LOL - thats what exercise does for you !!

dani
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >