View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-10-2006, 10:50 PM
[Ill get minced liver next time instead of "chunked" as I spent all night rtying to cut it up into little bits ,,hard when its frozen[/QUOTE]

I hate handling raw liver so I had this bright that I would put it in the blender then the phone rang and I forgot about it. Oh yuk what a mess liquid liver :smt081
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 12:16 AM
Mags have you tried joining 'britbarf' or is that the list you already joined?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:35 AM
a cleaver!! I totally need one, where do you get a cleaver... B&Q? they'll be thinking i have killed someone and am chopping and hiding the evidence!
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
a cleaver!! I totally need one, where do you get a cleaver... B&Q? they'll be thinking i have killed someone and am chopping and hiding the evidence!
Chinese supermarket.... I got a cracker there and it was very cheap.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:39 AM
I am not on the britbarf list, how do i join up, i tried to google it but it came up with a bunch of other forums...
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by IanTaylor View Post
Chinese supermarket.... I got a cracker there and it was very cheap.
aahhh-yessah-i-go-now-chinese-supamaket! (in my best Chinese accent)

I lived with a chinese girl 5 years ago before i had dogs, and she had an impressive one... she ate weird things, I remember chicken feet boiling for hours, and me trying to understand how there is any meat useable to humans from a chicken foot.... weird.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by Scottish Mags View Post
and yes I do need to be more confident at a complete switching. My little Dharma is 6 months now and with her I have the least probs...she will eat liver , tripe , anything . After 2 years of being on Kibble with the 2 older dogs aged 2.6Years and 2,3 Years they are more set in their ways.
Landywoods food is great and very cheap compared to AMP and they do a nice follow up service to see if you are happy with the food . Ill get minced liver next time instead of "chunked" as I spent all night rtying to cut it up into little bits ,,hard when its frozen
Hi Scottish Mags - I like you took a very long time to totally switch and didn't have the confidence - I worried about how much what food and what amount etc. I joined Britbarf and they were so so helpful.

I switched - thinks hard - about 5-6months ago totally and have never looked back. I get fresh (good quality) waste from my butcher - mainly rmbs made up of chicken waste, pork ribs etc. (rm plus sometimes turkey and trotters) plus I have a landywoods delivery.

I had a seriously fussy eater and since being raw fed he is a FANTASTIC EATER! and is putting on weight from alwyas looking a right skinny thing! coat is healthy too.

If I can find it I will send the link which helped me work out amounts - but now I do it by sight - someone told me I would eventually I would and I didn't believe them at all! I weighed every meal per dog (I have 5!!!)

They have one meal a day of chicken/rmbs waste and the other minced meats (either tripe or meat/offal or meat/veg mix) from landywoods. They get a fish meal a couple of times a week. They really love the hearts from Landywoods and I soon got over chopping those - not too sloppy!! But this isn't considered offal but muscle meat! sorry if I am confusing you on this one!

I have two that won't touch the larger chicken waste - so hack it smaller for them! They have not taken to trotters really but sometimes I give them recreationally and two of them seem to be happy having a nibble of them

I even feed my nearly 12 year old Irish Setter and she manages really well with the bones - missing a few of her gnashers!

Before raw feeding I fed Burns and the evening fragrances from their bottom ends was rather wiffy! Now they don't suffer from gas at all - unless they eat something they shouldn't!

I too initally fed kibble and mince but my fussy eater still had very fussy days and would turn his nose up so it just seemed the right choice to forget the kibble completely - so I resarched

Everyone has a choice and should feed what works for them and their dogs - there is enough information out there to help us make an informed choice that works for us.

I'm sure your dogs will take to it eventually!

Rach
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
I am not on the britbarf list, how do i join up, i tried to google it but it came up with a bunch of other forums...
Try this link Jess:

http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/BritBarf/

Hope it works!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:47 AM
hi rachel, what a useful post!

Thanks for putting in your experience as someone who has 'recently' changed. People often ask me 'how much' and it is hard, as like you said I do it by sight, but i can tell from week to week who needs a little more or a little less. I think you just gain confidence as you go... are you a member of canine health concern too?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 08:51 AM
yup it worked, many thanks!
Page 15 of 20 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »