Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 02:07 PM

So annoyed

just taken the dogs on a walk before work and im so annoyed!!

on the way back from the walk we saw a woman with a jack russel on a flexi lead... i called asbo to me and mylo and put them on, as asbo has a habit of going up to any dog, and mylo barks at them so i put them on, but left daphni off as i fully trust her and if i say leave it she just walks past.

as we got nearer i called to the woman "is he friendly with other dogs?" to which she replied "oh yes hes fine" so at this point i let daph relax, and she went over for a sniff. (if the woman had said no i would of put her on)

she then went over to the dog, the dog sniffed her, and then just went for her, lunged straight at her face. daphni didnt even retaliate, she tried to move round the dog and away from it, then as she was scooting around to get away the dog pounced on her and pinned her to the floor. daphni didnt even have a go back she squealed when she got pinned down, and just walked straight on away when the dog got off her. the woman just stood there holding the lead, didnt even pull her dog away or off daphni, and then didnt even apologise!!

i wouldnt mind if daph had gone up to the dog and it was my fault... but why say your dog is friendly then watch it attack another and not do anything, and not say sorry!?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Poor Daphni hope she is ok.

Usually if people tell you their dog is friendly you think they are. I suppose you can't aford to trust anyone now such a shame.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2012, 02:16 PM
some folks are afraid to tell the truth about there dogs..it reflects there abitiltys as an owner, adn there responcibilities also...iv got one who does not like other male.and you would be the first to know....some folks!
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
happens on a regular basis ive got used to spotting minni schnouzers and JRT's and trying my best to walk on because if we stop they mug us and pester us untill the owners show up and drag them away.

sadly ive only ever met one nice jrt and 2 minni schnouzers(sp?) out of the dozens that end up mugging us.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Poor Daphni hope she is ok.

Usually if people tell you their dog is friendly you think they are. I suppose you can't aford to trust anyone now such a shame.
she's fine she wasnt hurt thankfully. i like to think i can read dogs pretty well, and this one wasnt coing across as nasty or nervous or anything, it even sniffed daphni before it had a go.
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't tend to trust what people say with regard to their dogs any more.

However, in her defence, these things can come out of the blue. I met a woman with a rottie x on a long line when out with a lab I walk. Her dog had poor recall, hence the line. She asked if the lab was okay for her dog to meet. I said yes, he always has been and with thathe did this growly, half-hearted grab at her dog. The rottie x just sort of cringed away and we left them to it and within a few mins they were playing chase around us.

Sometimes it is just doggy communication, setting the ground rules/testing the water so to speak and it is easy to overreact.

I think meeting on the lead is never a good idea and I avoid it at all costs.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-03-2012, 09:44 PM
yes, the lead creats allot of stress, in my opinion,if my guys are yanking to smell a dog i generally go the other way
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
It is horrible when this happens. Hope everybody is fine
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 08:34 AM
I found that when ripley had her pups and was still feeding them that other dogs would be quite aggressive with her. Don't know why but maybe that is the reason this dog had a go at daph?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
I found that when ripley had her pups and was still feeding them that other dogs would be quite aggressive with her. Don't know why but maybe that is the reason this dog had a go at daph?
I thought it might be something to do with the pups too..

But I can see how it is annoying.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >