Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2013, 09:00 AM

Sleep sweetly Little One - 21/1/2010

Three years have passed since you took yourself off to The Bridge, waking me during the night to say goodbye. This is what I wrote about you last year and I cannot think of anything else to say but to repeat it. Because these words are engraved on my heart and in my soul.

You were not that old, were you. You were not ill, were you. You were not suffering, were you.

You just came to bed that night, cuddled up to me - and I do not know why but I put your blankie over you because I thought you might be cold.

And for some unknown reason at 4.30am I woke and put my hand under you, under the duvet because you were sleeping on top of the duvet - and you did not move. So I put a hand out and on top of you and you were warm and soft but I could not feel you breathing and could not feel your heart beating.

So I got a torch and shone it on you and as I did I watched the light go out of your beautiful eyes.

You woke me to say goodbye.

And I keep your picture as the wallpaper on my computer - the first photograph I took of you as I did not have a camera until then.

Sleep sweetly my Little One. Run free and wait for us.

Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:13 AM
She looked to be such a sweet little girl and a companion of the heart.

Run free, Little One. Have fun at the Bridge while you wait x
merryvale
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:13 AM
Oh Malka I'm so sorry for your loss. She looked a sweet little girl. It never gets easier , no matter how much time passes
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:43 AM
RIP little one xx
Treasured memories xxxx
Blonderosie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 09:49 AM
What a beautiful dog she was. Get a few extra cuddles from Pereg today
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 11:20 AM
She was indeed a beautiful girl, sorry for the hole she left in your heart, until you meet again x x
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-01-2013, 11:30 AM
Run free at the bridge Little One and have fun as you wait to be reunited with your mum and Pereg. x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-01-2013, 12:12 PM
Such a pretty girl.
(((Hugs))) to you it never really gets any easier.
Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2013, 12:59 PM
Sending you a virtual hug for today Malka x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Thank you all for your kind comments.

She was a sweet little girl - no trouble and loved her cuddles. She was soft and silky and enjoyed being groomed - especially her "mane" and fluffy ears, and was as good as gold when being showered. And she so loved her ear twiddles and tummy rubs.

And it was because of her that Pereg came into my life, because I knew that my Little One would not live forever and I could not imagine never having a dog in my life. What I did not expect though was for her to go to The Bridge just 11 months later.

Pereg was just over a year old and going through an almost impossible teenage stage and I had my hands full with her, so I never really had the chance to mourn Little One properly - I was just grateful that she had not been ill or suffering and went so peacefully. And just when Pereg had gotten to the stage of calming down she developed epilepsy and I started the long process of learning how to cope with it and all that it involved, so it was not until last year, on the second anniversary of Little One's death that the grieving process really started.

I miss her. I miss her gentleness. I miss her silky coat and the softness of it. I miss that gorgeous scent of her when she had just been showered.

But I am grateful for the years that I had with her - the tiny puppy I brought home in my pocket - the dog I thought I would never be able to ever have again.

So thank you Little One for the love, comfort and joy you brought into my life.

And thank you for making me realise that I needed to rescue another puppy, because without that realisation I would not now have my beloved Pereg.

Sleep sweetly Little One - run free and wait for us. xxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >