Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 06:15 PM

Cat Behaviour, Why & what to do

If someones Male (castrated Cat) is Weeing on Them & Fighting the other cats (3 other cats all in Same home)

Why could this be?

& what would you suggest?
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-12-2009, 08:06 PM
Not sure I totally understand the set up I think all four cats live together? What sex are the other 3? How long have they all lived there and has anything changed recently? The weeing is a teritory thing but it sounds like the male is very stressed about something. Sorry for all the questions!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 08:12 PM
i agree more information is needed,but it does soundlike this chap is a tad stressed
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Dunno any more details really, Just Somebody as asked sort of 2nd hand, so just after some ideas.

Is the weeing Marking ? or some other type of Stress thing? do cats wee when they are stressed?

What sort of things Stress Cats Out? What can you do do Destress cats?

I know Sod all about cats!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2009, 10:34 PM
Stress In Cats can be caused by a myriad things.

Worth a vet check up just to rule out any clinical problems.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2009, 06:46 AM
thanks Dyane, Lots of Info on there, Will save to Faves.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2009, 06:47 AM
If your Cat was Wee-ing on You, What would you do about it?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-12-2009, 07:43 AM
my bet is they arent allowed out.

if so, my further bet is that's the problem.
as in too many cats in a small place that dont have their own dens or hiding holes provided in the home for them.
or at least need to be let out freely, or failing that, on leads, or given a cat run attached to the back of the house.

i would like to hear more info as well.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Cats can be quite troublesome to introduce into already established cat households. I have six cats and can honestly say I have never had one wee on me! Although when they are stressed they will wee on my clothes if I leave them lying around. I have twice introduced an adult cat into the house and it has been hard work! On the first occassion the new cat was so stressed she took it out on one of my others and that took over a year to settle. The advice was to put food everywhere so there is an abundance and therefore no competition. As very often cats have been strays for a while and are used to eating as and when. The 2nd one I brought in 2 years ago and is still a nightmare tbh. Cats do need to feel safe and plenty of hiding places away from the others is needed. I also have several hooded litter trays which have to be spotless or they will find somewhere else! The other possibility is that there is another tom cat locally that has started to use their garden or is even getting in through a cat flap at night and leaving it's scent causing stress to the original male cat. You can buy the plug in pheromone difusers that can help with calming the atmosphere within the house but it is a bit difficult to be too precise without somemore info.

Hope some of this helps.

Ali xx
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
If your Cat was Wee-ing on You, What would you do about it?
I've never had this happen fortunately & my cats have always been"dog proof"& very laid back, never had more than two at a time(usually siblings)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >