Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 08:12 AM

Wii internet help please

How do you 'do' the wii on the net?
Charlie wants to do it, but his Dad says he could get viruses?
I reckon that is just an excuse to not sort it. Charlie has tried but says he needs a code?

Help!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 08:15 AM
I cant remember having to put a code in, just downloaded the browser and that was it.
It maybe a securtiy code on you router its asking for.

Dont worry about viruses as no have been made to attack the wii, its not as open as windows.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 08:37 AM
He says it needs a code from the sky box.... which he thinks is our sky+ box, but I know would be the sky router., and which I don't know.
Will have to ask OH me thinks.

I think OH was saying he could get viruses that could affect our laptops? But that doesn't sound right either.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
He says it needs a code from the sky box.... which he thinks is our sky+ box, but I know would be the sky router., and which I don't know.
Will have to ask OH me thinks.

I think OH was saying he could get viruses that could affect our laptops? But that doesn't sound right either.
The wii is virus safe for the minute and it cant act as a gateway passing them on to laptops.

If its like my uncles the code will be on the sky router, it have a sticker with a few on the router itself.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
The wii is virus safe for the minute and it cant act as a gateway passing them on to laptops.

If its like my uncles the code will be on the sky router, it have a sticker with a few on the router itself.
Ooo, yes I found the sticker.
Now, would it slow down the connection for us when Charlie goes on the net on his wii?
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Ooo, yes I found the sticker.
Now, would it slow down the connection for us when Charlie goes on the net on his wii?
It depends on the speed you get. However if its just browsing you shouldnt notice, but if you were downloading a large file and he is playing an online game you might notice a bit of slowdown but not much, or at least I dont and Im on a slow 2mb.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2008, 09:07 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
It depends on the speed you get. However if its just browsing you shouldnt notice, but if you were downloading a large file and he is playing an online game you might notice a bit of slowdown but not much, or at least I dont and Im on a slow 2mb.
I think we are on the 'up to 8mb' one, but we don't get that.... and don't download big files really.
OH plays his game and I'm on here, might give it a go when he gets home.
Anything is better than the 'Why can't I have the net on my wii???' every 2 minutes!

Thank you
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-07-2008, 09:09 AM
No probs...