View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:42 PM
There is a nice walk down by the river at Melrose (which Steph and I did last year when she was up), but I thought this was a bit far south for most members.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Am jealous Can I sneak myself into your suitcase Steph

Elaine xx

Helloooooooo I said I'm jealous

Elaine xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Am jealous Can I sneak myself into your suitcase Steph

Elaine xx
You sure can hun....I hope you have our walk sorted for the 6th July....
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest View Post
Do you mean the Flotterstone? If so, it's great!

Unfortunately, I can't get there, because there's a nasty geographical feature called "the Pentland Firth" in the way. Also, there is no way I can predict my lads' behaviour Kali is getting a bit old for hordes of new friends, and Thorgeir is still an ill-disciplined little thug!

If you ever make it to Orkney, though............

Snorri
I am determined to do Orkney hun......last time I was there I was 4
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
There is a nice walk down by the river at Melrose (which Steph and I did last year when she was up), but I thought this was a bit far south for most members.
Oh! yes that was a lovely walk, think Hali mentioned alot of Fishermen on the Saturday along the Tweed.....is that right hun
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I don't know a single one of these places but Star would like somewhere not too far from civilisation if we are getting the train up, unless someone wants to volunteer to pick us up on the way we wouldn't be able to make it out in the middle of nowhere. If it was going to be a really long and hard walk i'd have to bring one of the adults instead.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I don't know a single one of these places but Star would like somewhere not too far from civilisation if we are getting the train up, unless someone wants to volunteer to pick us up on the way we wouldn't be able to make it out in the middle of nowhere. If it was going to be a really long and hard walk i'd have to bring one of the adults instead.
The last walk, wasn't oo bad, a puppy there then, we did walk slow as we were all drifting off nattering.

Where's your train dropping you off
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:33 PM
Kel,
if you are coming into Edinburgh, i could pick you up, however you would have to be prepared to endure the journey with star on your lap in the front seat and bruno barking his head off in the back behind the dog guard - however it doesnt bother me i am used to him barking so the offer is there if you need it !!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:44 PM
Oh I would love to come but it's a bit too far for me to travel and anyway I don't think my new hip will be ready for dog walking by then

It's time someone came to South Devon for a holiday
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
The last walk, wasn't oo bad, a puppy there then, we did walk slow as we were all drifting off nattering.

Where's your train dropping you off
I'm fine to have her offlead so she can go at her own pace, she'll be 8 months so not baby puppy but if it was miles of hills I wouldn't bring her but she would be the easiest choice. Maddy is just Maddy the unsociable and Charlie doesn't really like traveling so much and we'd be waiting around all day for Dusty. My train would be dropping me off wherever is closest, I guess we'd have to figure out where we were going first.

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Kel,
if you are coming into Edinburgh, i could pick you up, however you would have to be prepared to endure the journey with star on your lap in the front seat and bruno barking his head off in the back behind the dog guard - however it doesnt bother me i am used to him barking so the offer is there if you need it !!
You might regret that when we get in, but if you were fine i'd be fine. Cheers Dani. x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 07:55 PM
I'm fine to have her offlead so she can go at her own pace, she'll be 8 months so not baby puppy but if it was miles of hills I wouldn't bring her but she would be the easiest choice. Maddy is just Maddy the unsociable and Charlie doesn't really like traveling so much and we'd be waiting around all day for Dusty. My train would be dropping me off wherever is closest, I guess we'd have to figure out where we were going first.

You might regret that when we get in, but if you were fine i'd be fine. Cheers Dani. x
id be fine - you could bring earplugs !! LOL
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post

Oh! yes that was a lovely walk, think Hali mentioned alot of Fishermen on the Saturday along the Tweed.....is that right hun
I'm not sure about the section we did that day - I've only done it the once with you...there weren't any then were there - but I can't remember what day it was - did we do that one in the evening?

I'm fine to have her offlead so she can go at her own pace, she'll be 8 months so not baby puppy but if it was miles of hills I wouldn't bring her but she would be the easiest choice. .

If it's miles of hills, I'll be waiting with star at the bottom I don't mind hills when I'm walking by myself, but I'm not fit enough to do hills and talk at the same time
Most of the walks suggested by me are fairly flat
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »