Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2012, 04:18 PM

Found a male Akita in Chorley [REUNITED]

Hi all,

I have found this male Akita in Chorley (Lyons Lane / Shepherds Way area) he was running in and out of the road. He's in my kennel at the moment and I am about to take him to the vets to see if he is chipped. He's got a collar on but no tag.

Any ideas anyone??

CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2012, 04:19 PM
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 04:25 PM
Have you rung the dog warden?

Looked on Doglost?
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Not yet, got to go to the vets now before they close to get him scanned, but I will do it as soon as I get back. I have phoned all the vets in my area and no ones reported him missing yet.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Hope you get a chip at the vets.

Ive had a look on dog lost for you at dogs posted:

Here are the options that look any similar colours to him:
http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=34948
http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=23382
http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=14477

Otherwise it's worth posting him on the dog lost site under dog found.
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Update on found dog:

Been to the vets and the dog does have a microchip. However he is registered to a previous owner and has changed hands twice since then! The old owner has been contacted but they do not know who they have sold the dog to, only that it was someone in Southport .

However we do now know his name is Khan, think this is still his name as he is responding to it! He's been great with the other dogs he's met at the vets and is friendly with all the people! Someones spent some time on him at somepoint! My dogs have barked their heads off at him and hes just sat there silently looking back. He doesnt seem fazed by anything! He also sits on command.

General health wise, his teeth are a bit discoloured, I would put him as about 4, but thats just a guess!! He's quite skinny, his backbone and ribs are quite pronounced!

He's back in my kennel and has just had a meal and is lying down quietly.

I must be too late for the dog warden tonight as they wont answer the phone, but Ive reported him to all the vets in my area, who have heard nothing and the local police are aware. He's also now posted on dog lost!
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Well done for taking him in whilst you track his owner down (hoping they still want him ) All the best!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Aw well done taking him in!! He sounds lovely and looks a handsome beast!

I guess the dog warden will take it from here... tomorrow..

But i can recommend the japanese akita welfare trust, pass the name on if it turns out he is homeless and has to serve his 7 days! And don't let him go to the RSPCA, too many bad experiences with the RSPCA and Akitas
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2012, 07:47 PM
He's very lucky you found him...... x
CharleyMaddison
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-06-2012, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Aw well done taking him in!! He sounds lovely and looks a handsome beast!

I guess the dog warden will take it from here... tomorrow..

But i can recommend the japanese akita welfare trust, pass the name on if it turns out he is homeless and has to serve his 7 days! And don't let him go to the RSPCA, too many bad experiences with the RSPCA and Akitas
Hi, he really is a lovely lad! He's not going to the dog warden, as long as he remains good and quiet in the kennel hes going to stay with me until he is reunited with his owners or rehomed/taken to rescue. I have registered on the japanese akita welfare trust forum as I intended to post a similar message to the one ive put on her about Khan. Unfortunately I have to wait until one of their moderators will approve my registration!!
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >