View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: do you agree with paying for a TV licence
yes 5 16.67%
no 25 83.33%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by Julie
Well I think it's value for money and I use several of the radio stations and the BBC website daily and I would happily pay more than £2.33 a week for them.
Yes that is all fair &amp; well good for you who use &amp; enjoy it but cant you see its about choice. What about us who dont use it and dont watch any of the stations or listen to any of the radio channels? Should we just be grateful its only £2.33 a week or £116 a year?

I think not.

The fact is I dont dispute if you use the facilities its a good deal. BUT I would not expect to pay £116 a year for use of a swimmingpool even though I never intended to use it....that would just be daft so the liscence should be no different. If you want to watch it fine - PAY FOR IT but if you dont want to watch it - DONT PAY FOR IT. In an ideal world that is.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

02-03-2005, 03:52 PM
im a naughty girl
I wrote to them and told them I didnt have a television because I was a member of a religious cult and I believed that television was evil
It worked for a few years and kept them off my back but now they have been sending me the nasty red letters, got one the other day actually
Traci
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Naughty Cbt, wish i had thought of that
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Laura
Originally Posted by Julie
Well I think it's value for money and I use several of the radio stations and the BBC website daily and I would happily pay more than £2.33 a week for them.
Yes that is all fair &amp; well good for you who use &amp; enjoy it but cant you see its about choice. What about us who dont use it and dont watch any of the stations or listen to any of the radio channels? Should we just be grateful its only £2.33 a week or £116 a year?

I think not.

The fact is I dont dispute if you use the facilities its a good deal. BUT I would not expect to pay £116 a year for use of a swimmingpool even though I never intended to use it....that would just be daft so the liscence should be no different. If you want to watch it fine - PAY FOR IT but if you dont want to watch it - DONT PAY FOR IT. In an ideal world that is.
I can't even swim and have never been to our local pool but I have to pay for it in my council tax. I have no children but still pay for schools - there are many things we pay for and don't use it's called being a community IMO.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

02-03-2005, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by Traci
Naughty Cbt, wish i had thought of that

I dont think theyre as gullible these days as they used to be traci
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-03-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by CBT
im a naughty girl
I wrote to them and told them I didnt have a television because I was a member of a religious cult and I believed that television was evil It worked for a few years and kept them off my back but now they have been sending me the nasty red letters, got one the other day actually
CBT are you at it again you will be cut off in your prime goodness your a miser..bet you depart this world leaving millions we are already passing the hat round DW for your virtual dog licence..can't run to TV too I fear.

I think the licence is worth every penny.. not just for the TV which does not bother me that much and I seldom if ever watch ITV (yes C4) but for the radio which I could not live without...radio 4 or 3 is on from dawn till dusk in my house and the BBC web site is second to none with all the very latest news. I don' t have a paper where I live.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

02-03-2005, 05:18 PM
lol yes i am a distant relation to ebeneezer scrooge i will die a lonely old spinster and be eaten by alsatians (like bridget jones ) and they will find me with millions stuffed under the floorboards
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2005, 10:47 AM
I think it would be a real disservice if we got rid of the bbc.I cannot stand adverts and the quality of the programmes would plummet to the depths of itv on a saturday evening no thanks
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2005, 10:54 AM
ooh saturday evenings on itv are my fave! ant and dec youve been framed me and the kids love saturday evenings
Charliefarley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2005, 11:27 AM
OK i should have said channel 5
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >