View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 01:59 PM
We have some massive ones here just lately. I heard something on TV the other day, didn't catch it all but it was saying there are some very big spiders around at the moment - I think we have proved that!
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Wah I know how you feel I don't mind spiders, except for the big house ones. I think it's because they so dark, they look horrible. Give me the creeps
Do you have a flea spray for your dog or their bedding? Works really well on spiders Just spray a little bit though, don't want to gas yourself with it!

I've been finding loads in the house lately. We don't have a loft hatch cover on our loft at the moment and they keep dropping out :smt022 They don't get very far though :smt021 :smt096
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 09:33 PM
It's always this time of year isn't it...

Last year when we were in a different house there were so many...The house backed out onto a corn feild probably being one reason. I remember one night having to get rid of about 5 or 6 one after the other in the same area It was awful, it ended up making me really paranoid the rest of the night.

This year in our new place we have only had two so far and luckily in easy to get at places...One ran across the floor so I picked up the nearest big book and hurled it at it and the other the dogs got for me although if they are to big the dogs don't like em either!

Last year there was a huge spider in a real akward place, half on the window sill half on the window so I couldn't smack it one with anything and I had no bug spray...so umm I used all sorts...hair moose and wood glue amongst other things...lol (I wrote about it on here at the time...lol)
MB
New Member!
Male 

13-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Awww, leave them alone.:smt022

They really do keep the insect population down. If they didn't eat their share of insects, just think how many flies, beetles and cockroaches would be wandering around. I know which I prefer.

For more info on the house spider click here.

They are one of our most misunderstood creatures.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 10:03 PM
had a huge one in the shed ....it didn't like my brand of ciggie so moved out LOL

i didn't mind it there but poor mr spider has moved to a smoke free zone ( probably a reformed smoker )
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by MB View Post
if they leave me alone and stay out of my house I leave them alone They are trespassing!

I don't really misunderstand them as a try just to not think about them at all...They just freak me out, can't do anything about it, so they have to go.

I will save the small itty bitty spiders and put them outside, I will catch any moths that fly in the house and release them back outside etc but I'm just to grossed out by spiders to do anything with them other than instant death
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 11:00 PM

They really do keep the insect population down. If they didn't eat their share of insects, just think how many flies, beetles and cockroaches would be wandering around. I know which I prefer.

MB, if it would work, the next time a spider is in my house I would hold up a sign telling them to please go to your house instead.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by myschievous View Post
Last year there was a huge spider in a real akward place, half on the window sill half on the window so I couldn't smack it one with anything and I had no bug spray...so umm I used all sorts...hair moose and wood glue amongst other things...lol (I wrote about it on here at the time...lol)
:smt005 :smt005 Brilliant! I did the same thing with one that was in our bath, Flea spray didn't kill it so every other substance I found went on it, its was horrible, but it gave enough lube to flush it down the sink hole!!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:46 PM

Yes I quite agree - spiders are good - although I would prefer to shower on my own
I couldn't kill one for anything - wasps though are a different matter - just splattered one on the window 1/2 hr ago
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes I quite agree - spiders are good - although I would prefer to shower on my own
I couldn't kill one for anything - wasps though are a different matter - just splattered one on the window 1/2 hr ago
nope see I help wasps back out the window or door...
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >