Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-10-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by WhichPets View Post
They do have a breeder but I will be honest I am not sure about the standards and this is the main part I disagree with. However I merely work there and do not run it so I do the best I can in my situation
I don't believe in pet shops selling any animals full stop and to be honest no matter how good your individual shop may be, they are as much part of the problem .

Would you be happy to see your pet shop sell puppies,?? so why if is it different for rabbits , and any small furry critters

I am sure you would object to the practice of anyone breeding puppies to sell to a pet shop, so why is it different for other animals ?

Surely the reasons would be the same, unethical breeding, people breeding with no care about the outcome, the stress of a baby animal being moved from pillar to post.

Any pet shop that takes live animals from unscrupulous breeders to help them off load the problem of surplus stock, is adding to the problem, the breeder will continue to breed as long as the pet shop demands the supply.

Maybe if the pet stores that do take these animals thought about the welfare of the animal and the ethics behind the practice instead of profit (they would not take them if they could not sell them), then maybe some of the culling would stop, as the old supply and demand would not be there.

To object to culling surplus stock , yet support breeders selling of stock to a second party to sell to a third, is something I cant understand.

Anyone that would do this with puppies would be castigated to within an inch of their life for doing so, yet it seems to be OK for smaller animals??
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Wot she said
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5