Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How about only breeding from truly hairless ones?
as it was said before, breeding from true hairless produced bad back ends, and bad mouths and dentition, so people bred from the hairier ones to improve the problems.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
How about only breeding from truly hairless ones?
Its done already, by breeders - its down to the breeder what type is aimed for. not that it would stop any dog needing to be clipped even true hairless need clipping, have said that far to many times already.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:28 PM
dawn, stripping has always confused me by dead hair do you mean that it is no longer connected at the roots and just needs help to fall out? because the coat is wiry/dense? cos of couse all hair is dead
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:36 PM
Chinese Crested aren't completely hairless, otherwise they wouldn't be called"Crested"would they. I have no problem with people"tidying"up a CC or any other breed(& don't PPs have different dentition to the "hairless"? so a shaven PP would be obviously to any judge)I do have a problem with breeds like Newfies being"sculpted like a Poodle, Beardies shaved to show their eyes because they have too much head coat ! etc
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
dawn, stripping has always confused me by dead hair do you mean that it is no longer connected at the roots and just needs help to fall out? because the coat is wiry/dense? cos of couse all hair is dead
in a word Yes
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Chinese Crested aren't completely hairless, otherwise they wouldn't be called"Crested"would they. I have no problem with people"tidying"up a CC or any other breed(& don't PPs have different dentition to the "hairless"? so a shaven PP would be obviously to any judge)
Yes PPs have different dentition, as its the hairless gene that causes the poor dentition and PPs do not carry this gene, ever.
You are right it would be clear to any judge a shaven off puff, hairless have forward point tusks, PPs have canines like any other breed.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
It literally falls out easily when its ready for stripping. Its still connected to the dog but it just pulls out very much like the "clumps" you get in GSD's etc.. You couldnt pull it out if it wasnt dead and ready to come out. The longer you leave it the worse they look and the new coat is unable to grow properly.

http://www.emblehope.co.uk/border-te...-and-grooming/

Have a beak..
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Chinese Crested aren't completely hairless, otherwise they wouldn't be called"Crested"would they. I have no problem with people"tidying"up a CC or any other breed(& don't PPs have different dentition to the "hairless"? so a shaven PP would be obviously to any judge)I do have a problem with breeds like Newfies being"sculpted like a Poodle, Beardies shaved to show their eyes because they have too much head coat ! etc
yes PPs have different dentition but it has been done. the difference in dentition isnt a huge difference, not that ive noticed, but i havent looked in many mouths
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yes PPs have different dentition but it has been done. the difference in dentition isnt a huge difference, not that ive noticed, but i havent looked in many mouths
Teeth are alot bigger in a puff, and deeper routed. They have canines and not tusks, and no gaps between the teeth. They should have a full set of teeth, unlike the hairless that can at times have less teeth.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Teeth are alot bigger in a puff, and deeper routed. They have canines and not tusks, and no gaps between the teeth. They should have a full set of teeth, unlike the hairless that can at times have less teeth.
ahhh cant say ive looked that close at the size of teeth. but now i think about it i know what you mean. although i think asbo has all his teeth.... but the size is different.
Page 11 of 17 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »