View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:35 AM
We look like healthy eaters too.... mine get... carrots, celery, cucumber, parsley, green pepper, beetroot, celeriac, fennel, kale (limited), spring greens, dark green lettuce (occassionally), odd bits of apple/pear (limited), unlimited hay, grass and dandelions... sweet potato every now and then, pea pods and pea shoots, banana once in a while and melon... plus other bits and pieces...
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:37 AM
I get beetoot in sacks when the season comes, but usually mainly carrots and cabbages, I get them quite cheap in large quantities.

Keep your eye on Lidl offers, they often have half price veggies
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

Mine love grass too and dandelion leaves. Our neighbours garden is rather overgrown and we know she doesn't use anything on the weeds etc so mum goes over the fence and picks really long grass and leaves for the piggies. Luckily the neighbour doesn't mind
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Originally Posted by Blu View Post
Mine love grass too and dandelion leaves. Our neighbours garden is rather overgrown and we know she doesn't use anything on the weeds etc so mum goes over the fence and picks really long grass and leaves for the piggies. Luckily the neighbour doesn't mind
I have been known on occasion to do the same!
Blu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Originally Posted by Dachshund View Post
I get beetoot in sacks when the season comes, but usually mainly carrots and cabbages, I get them quite cheap in large quantities.

Keep your eye on Lidl offers, they often have half price veggies
I paid 80p for a cucumber the other day then I look in the newspaper and it is only 29p in Lidl! Last year we got loads of corn on the cobs for 5p each in there. Very happy pigs!
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 10:42 AM
The price of cue's got to £1.50 last year, I couldn't believe it
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Just finished bathing and blow drying my latest show babies 2 out of 3 have stayed in coat, one is going off to Denmark next week :'(

My solid Slate sow - hopefully about to make it onto the show scene

Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2010, 07:25 PM
Aww Liz your piggies are gorgeous!!

Heres some of mine today, the group I have just bonded on exercise duties (Please excuse the floor, I do clean it afterwards

and my golden girls, the ones I am so worried about, Lulu and Dusty
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2010, 10:01 AM
I've been admiring all the photos of everyone's guineas, what a beautiful bunch!

Adding a photo of Splat and Dexter to the collection, though some of you have seen this already.

Roughly nine month old piggies "rescue" piggies; their owner was moving overseas. Splat (on left) is female, Dexter is a neutered male. He got done when their previous owner discovered that one of her two "boys" was pregnant, they had two babies that got homed through a small furries rescue near here.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Aww you guys have been sneaking more piggies on since I last looked, cuties!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4