Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 08:48 AM

Daily Thread Sunday 1st November

Good morning everyone

Downhill from Thursday then when once again we are in lockdown. Thank goodness I have done my month's shopping so hopefully will be able to last out.

Wet and miserable here. Have made some mince pies from the left over pastry from yesterday and tidied Teazle so now coffee time.

Hope all are well

Have a god day and stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Things won't be much different for me in lockdown... just the trip to the pub is off and that might help my bank balance lol. I can still see Steve as he is on his own and in a bubble with me and my family so life is much the same for me
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-11-2020, 11:19 AM
'morning Sue, Griff, and all who follow

Weather has warmed up a bit, wind still blowing, and very overcast.

Full lockdown won't effect us too much either, essential food shop still allowed, Alena might get her hairdresser appointment on Tuesday just before it starts.

Hoping Bruno will continue to eat and generally get better.

Lynn - Yes I do remember you saying that Dillon was on a special diet but I've forgotten exactly what the reasons were, can you remind me.

Might get out in the garden and plant some of the strawberries that arrived yesterday, they were early, mid season, and late varieties, so (in theory) we might get a good crop next year.

Have a good day all, see you soon
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 11:21 AM
Morning all, thought I would pop on, whilst I have 5 minutes
Hope everyone is well.
Lily is loving this weather, typical springer, loves getting wet and muddy! Me not so much but comes with Lil
Had her DNA tested and all those came back clear, and are now in the KC database.
Trying to get an appointment to have her eye screening done, which is proving difficult at the moment but not in a hurry.

Tom will be furloughed again from Thursday, but Luke, myself and Lizzie will still be going to work. Luke is far from impressed He now works in a private school.

I will be starting my new job role from tomorrow as senior support worker, and will be starting on my level 3 in january next year. Lizzie has taught me well

Hubby not doing well and his health is still going downhill, he had 3 weeks in hospital in june, and 11 days in ICU, then had post op delirum, and now they have discovered his liver is not functioning as it should be and he's been referred to a consultant.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 11:42 AM
Morning, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I can move. The agents say yes and the removal people and gov.uk so.? Have a good day all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Morning all, thought I would pop on, whilst I have 5 minutes
Hope everyone is well.
Lily is loving this weather, typical springer, loves getting wet and muddy! Me not so much but comes with Lil
Had her DNA tested and all those came back clear, and are now in the KC database.
Trying to get an appointment to have her eye screening done, which is proving difficult at the moment but not in a hurry.

Tom will be furloughed again from Thursday, but Luke, myself and Lizzie will still be going to work. Luke is far from impressed He now works in a private school.

I will be starting my new job role from tomorrow as senior support worker, and will be starting on my level 3 in january next year. Lizzie has taught me well

Hubby not doing well and his health is still going downhill, he had 3 weeks in hospital in june, and 11 days in ICU, then had post op delirum, and now they have discovered his liver is not functioning as it should be and he's been referred to a consultant.
Bl**dy hell how lovely to hear from you.

Lovely to hear the positive news from you sounds like life is full on for now lovely. Sorry to hear your hubby is under the health cloud but at least now they know may be help out there. The pup sounds cracking a friend up the road has a Springer he is about 12 or so now. still crazy though.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 02:34 PM
Afternoon all been into work this morning and back again this evening. Hope you al have a good day,
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Bl**dy hell how lovely to hear from you.

Lovely to hear the positive news from you sounds like life is full on for now lovely. Sorry to hear your hubby is under the health cloud but at least now they know may be help out there. The pup sounds cracking a friend up the road has a Springer he is about 12 or so now. still crazy though.
Thanks Kazz,
We are pretty busy at the moment, and with O/H it’s just take it as it comes for now until he see’s his consultant in jan.

Lily is just fab, a proper crazy springer,but in a lovely way, her temperament is spot on, she’s so loving even if she does everything at 100mph lol we have a secure field not far from us, with agility equipment in it, and toys and stuff, so I try and take her there every week for an hour and she loves it, she’s brilliant in the car, has her own seatbelt
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 04:20 PM
Good afternoon all and Hi Sal, nice to see you posting again. Sorry to hear your OH is under the weather. I hope they can fix him up soon.

OK, hands up, who wished they could hibernate for the winter?

It won't make much difference to us. We can still go out for walks this time so a bonus from last time. I already online shop. Christmas is sorted as I expected this coming.

I do fear for the economy when this is all over, but it's needed to keep our hospitals running
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2020, 08:16 PM
Brenda, just seen this and thought it might set your mind at rest:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...nUdjPuRnuD72Jw
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >