Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 03:57 PM

jobs for working dogs

boxers are classed as a working dog,i know what they were bred for originally,but they have no job now,as do im sure a few other breeds,would you like to see your working bred dog work?and if so what job would you think would be suitable for them?
or anyone else with pastoral dogs what job would you like to see them do?
come to think of it,anyone whos dog doesnt work and you would like them to,what job would be more suited to youre dog?it doesnt have to be a job,job it could be something he cant do and youd like him to.xxxzbxx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I would like to see boxers , being used for guide dogs , but given there boisterous nature it probably, would not be practical ,
must get thinking cap on now sis xxdk
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 04:28 PM
id like to see them do sheep work sis there certainly fast enough and brainy enough,but i dont think it would be that easy to train them for it,they wont sit still long enough.
or some of ours like to do a bit of agility,what about it patch do you have many boxers in training?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
I would like to see boxers , being used for guide dogs , but given there boisterous nature it probably, would not be practical ,
must get thinking cap on now sis xxdk
They are in the US, there was a programme on a while back showing Boxer doing a very good job of it.

Also I think I have seen one here, (maybe the US ) where one was being puppy walked then going back to finish his training.

They are also used as Police dogs in some countries.

But I just like them working at being couch potatoes
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
They are in the US, there was a programme on a while back showing Boxer doing a very good job of it.
I think it was Breed All About It on the Discovery Channel. It was amazing to see this calm boxer as a guide dog.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
id like to see them do sheep work sis there certainly fast enough and brainy enough,but i dont think it would be that easy to train them for it,they wont sit still long enough.
or some of ours like to do a bit of agility,what about it patch do you have many boxers in training?

I have`nt any with the current membership but did have a couple of Boxers in my classes at the club I used to be with a few years ago

They certainly have the brains and enthusiasm going by those and the ones I`ve seen competiting from time to time. I also remember watching a competition ages ago on the telly [ American competition ], the dog in the lead of the heat I watched was a Boxer, I can remember that much
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

Also I think I have seen one here, (maybe the US ) where one was being puppy walked then going back to finish his training.

They are also used as Police dogs in some countries.

But I just like them working at being couch potatoes
Oh wow thanks for the info jackbox, i think my three would prefer to be couch potatoes also , but they are such a great breed and highly inteligent , its great to see there intelect put to use , and if they can serve the non sight community well that is brilliant xxdk
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I think it was Breed All About It on the Discovery Channel. It was amazing to see this calm boxer as a guide dog.
Would have loved to have seen that carole , xxdk
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2007, 09:55 PM
I really needed to think on this one...........

You can test dyson hoovers on them?

Dress them up?

As a sofa tester for Ikea? this is the Klippan sofa range yorkshire terrier is optional from the toy department..
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
I really needed to think on this one...........

You can test dyson hoovers on them?

Dress them up?

As a sofa tester for Ikea? this is the Klippan sofa range yorkshire terrier is optional from the toy department..
Great pics sarah , your dog looks fab xxdk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >