Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
i agree the only ones i new were jody and micheal , last years was brill with bridget nelson then they brought in slys mum jackie that was much more entertaining !!!
Jackie Stallone Looks more manly than her son
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by sarah2
I was an actress in a childrens BBC drama very many years ago does this make me a celebrity? I was certainly famous at the time well a lot more known than most of them, celebrities my ar** Mind you if your seen walking down the street with a celebrity these days you are famous yourself; what rubbish times we live in. Maybe because not many of us worship god we have to look to someone else?

A group of has beens calling themselves celebs so famous for not being famous anymore is too sad for words.

Now bring in some real well known public figures; what are you doing tomorrow Robbie? Mr Blair? Prince Harry oh and just for good measure a few dogwebbers dogs (all of which are of course famous ) and we would have a real celebrity show!
Sarah, I wanna know what programme you were on...lol...Tell us...pleasssse!!

In general,

It's the publics own fault certain people are considered 'celebs'! The media go on and on about these people and the public don't stop reading about them which is the only reason the media write more!

It's not really the fault of some of these so called 'celebs' that they are considered famous but it's the public who want to read everything about anyone that either keeps their name alive from yonks ago when they haven't done anything in the public eye for about a century or makes a name for someone relatively new who hasn't done anything in particular other than been involved in some kind of scandal...

The public wants it the media gives it...lol

I'm not watching celeb BB cuz I think they are 'famous'...I watch the ordinary one too just for an insight on people and how they interact with each other which I find far more interesting than who the people actually are.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by jake
I beg to differ Jake knows a very very famous person who is a Doglover. He is not registered on Dogweb however he does frequently read it so don't be too quick to make assumptions this site could be more famous than you think
lol em I was talking in general terms... ie frequent posters... I'm sure we do have some 'famous' people registered on DW, in fact I know so cool huh (obviously cant tell you who tho!!)

I think most 'real' celebs would be too busy in their celebrity lifestyles to spend too much time on any forum... not cos they dont want to, but because they generally have lot more going on in their lives.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
I think most 'real' celebs would be too busy in their celebrity lifestyles to spend too much time on any forum... not cos they dont want to, but because they generally have lot more going on in their lives.
Dunno about busy with some of them maybe busy being pampered...lol...Perhaps they get their PA's to come on and read dogweb out loud for them...lol
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Eraze:
I totally agree and you've just hit the nail on the head with my first point which was why is it called 'celebrity big brother' after all they are Not celebrities! If they were they wouldn't be in Big Brother in the first place as they would be too BUSY working being celebrities.

The TV show I work behind the scenes on, start filming at 6 am and often don't finish until 9PM at night, so yes they are busy however the cast don't think of themselves as celebrities it's the media that puts them in that little box they consider themselves actors first and foremost.

I just cant stand all this hype and fuss over a load of hideous has beens! I think you'd have to be very desperate for fame and sad to expose yourself in such a way in public.I presume it's for charity though? So maybe they should call it charity Big Brother? some of them certainly need help

Anyway I suppose it makes good TV? Though I cant really relate to it as I don't think they represent the majority of normal people out there (at least I hope they don't).

I also feel they represent true 'celebs' in a bad light. I work with several famous people and the more famous they are the more down to earth and firmly planted are their feet. It is the people I meet with bit parts in this that and the other who are really up their own ars** thinking their something their not. A bit like a lot of those in that house at present.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

21-01-2006, 05:53 PM
lol maybe we should start a discussion about celebs

I disagree with a number of your points (but that's fine cos you are entitled to your own point of view and so are the rest of us)

Its.... obvious they are not in their prime... why else would they go on the show (its meant to help them back into it after all) however they are still celebrities in their own right and as I said earlier far more famous than any of us nobody said here they were a-list celebs

Just because you can't stand the hype and fuss, doesn't mean everyone else cant either, it's all personal taste/preferance and thank god we are not all the same

I don't think they represent 'all' celebs in a bad light, most people these days understand there are good and bad in all, whether thats royality, celebrities, judges, coppers, tv workers, Dogwebbers (allthough most of these I must admit are good ).

I don't think we can generalise at all really, things are never black or white you might have met a handful of celebs working in TV but thats your view point, I'm sure someone else working in movies would have a different view point - but like I said thats fine! Most of us make our own minds up anyway....

I like the show because its interesting to see what those people are getting up to in that house - if they were boring i wouldn't be watching it (and nor would everyone else who does).
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Well i would say the two lads from bands are

By the way who are the famous dogwebbers, give us a clue
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 09:04 PM
eraze: I definatley hear what your saying of course I can only go on my personal experiences which will indeed be different to a lot of other peoples. I myself trained at the very famous sylvia young theatre school in London from the age of 9-16. During this time I met everyone from Robert De Niro to the person who swept the floor I found the higher they were up in the buisness the nicer they were to me. As a child you really appreciate these things! As an adult I've found it to be the same. The hollywood superstars tend to crawl out of a taxi at abnormal hours and ask for a Cofee (With no entourage). The people who have done bits and pieces tend to be so up their own ars** i'm suprised they can see the wood for the trees.

What is a celebrity? To me a superstar is that person I sit next to on the tube in the morning who works at Great Ormond Street hospital and can save someones life. In my book no-one will ever touch those guys. I also find the firemen who risk their lives every day of the week to save ours, real celebs. That I guess is the reason why I have such a problem with the Big Brother Rabble. Because my definition of a true celebrity is not the same as a lot of the general publics.
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Great post, Jake! Hear hear!!!

:smt023 :smt038
gina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Jake wrote:

What is a celebrity? To me a superstar is that person I sit next to on the tube in the morning who works at Great Ormond Street hospital and can save someones life. In my book no-one will ever touch those guys. I also find the firemen who risk their lives every day of the week to save ours, real celebs. That I guess is the reason why I have such a problem with the Big Brother Rabble. Because my definition of a true celebrity is not the same as a lot of the general publics.

Jake I think that's a loveley down to earth way of looking at life. I agree with you and I do believe that if other members of our society could look at things from this perspective our society would not be where it is at present.

Just for the record my own daughter tried to get into the Sylvia Young theatre school 4 times, each time she was turned down. I was told Sylvia takes the most talented, down to earth natural children I resented this when my daughter was turned down. Now however reading through your posts I believe she knows what she's doing
Page 12 of 20 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »