View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
partypooch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-05-2011, 08:59 AM
i remember when i was very young (about 3/4ish) i was visiting neighbours with my parents. the neighbours had an old english sheep dog. i don't remember what i did, probably playing hairstyles on the poor thing, and it snapped at my nose, just grazing it. when i went crying to mum her first words were 'well, what were you doing to the dog?

i would imagie if that hapened today there would be a lot of bad feeling and a possible court case!
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't think it's pressure to have the perfect dog after all who sets the standards!-It's the need to have better control as there are far more dogs about in general than there once was.It used to be that more dogs where kept as working dogs than companion dogs.Today there are far more dogs being kept as pets that are exercised amongst the general public so a need for more awareness.No need to stifle a dog's spirit and character just maintain reasonable control.
dogdragoness
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-05-2011, 12:41 PM
I agree, when dogs act like dogs, they are chided for it. I get dirty looks when I say that my older dog doesn't like to be petted they give me dirty looks like they should be able to pet her regardless.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4