Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
Hope you enjoy it Nic... I'm sure you will, when you see how much the dogs love it!
Thanks Sue. I hope we do too. We can but try!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:02 AM
Well, it's tonight.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Well, it's tonight.
Yup see you there - Ben has his dancing shoes on - and Pam said Mia might even get a wee go if we want - cant wait
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 09:51 AM
HTM is great - I envy you! Hope to hear all about it tomorrow.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup see you there - Ben has his dancing shoes on - and Pam said Mia might even get a wee go if we want - cant wait
Yes, see you tonight, Pam!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
HTM is great - I envy you! Hope to hear all about it tomorrow.
I'm sure you will!

It'll be too late by the time I get home tonight, but I will be back on with an update tomorrow, good or bad!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Well, we've been.......and had a brilliant time!

I'll post an update later as I'm at work just now.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 08:24 PM
As said above, we had a great time on Wednesday night!

Heather is so positive, encouraging and lively and I think her style really rubbed off on us as I'm already really looking forward to more training with Molly!

I thought Molly might've been slightly nervous at the beginning, but she wasn't. She didn't even flinch at anything, she really got in to it and worked so hard. She was very keen!

She does the usual twist, turns, two paws and moves on her hind legs and bow (though she does the bow with my help just now but we'll get there!).

We started moves with the clicker, building on some of what Molly already does, such as going round my body, both ways - she only does it one way just now so we're working on the other way round!

She already weaves between my legs and now we're working on me moving backwards with Molly weaving.

Molly also loves to walk backwards, she picked that trick up pretty quickly! I can already tell her to go 'under' my legs by going round the back so to progress this, I'm training her to do the above, telling her to stay, me turning round with my back to her and then teaching her to walk backwards through my legs so she ends up facing me.

Another move we're working on is Molly crawling between my legs, but that's still a work in progress just now but it's coming!

We've also been practising her touching my hands in different directions with the clicker, as we've never done that before so that's a good starting point to build on other moves with her following my hand. Her heelwork is getting closer as well with this technique which is great!

I didn't know we were going to have to do party tricks on our own for everyone to see! I was nervous but Molly did great!

So, that's what we're doing just now. I'll let you know how we get on with this lot! We really are enjoying it and look forward to more classes with Heather after the summer break.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2010, 08:55 AM
Really glad you enjoyed it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3