View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 12:36 PM

How To Get Glue Off Clothes - any tips please?

Have bought a new pale coloured bra, washed it and forgot to take a sticky label off before doing so! Now the adhesive has stuck to the bra and has marked it, I've tried re-washing, scrubbing with soap and water but it's still on

Do you have any idea what to put on it to remove the adhesive 'stain'. (bits of fluff are sticking to it off other clothes now too, grrr)
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Not sure if this works but I've heard that you should rub talcolm powder into the sticky area and gently rub off, hope this helps and works
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 12:58 PM
You need a solvent.You could try dabbing with white spirit but not sure what it might do to the cloth. i will ask my dad he used to work in textiles.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 01:16 PM
There is a good stain devil dabber for glue, I know as use it often on Son's clothes, is especially good at getting grease stains out and chewing gum that has really dried in!

I think it's number 3 (my dabber is so old it doesn't look like those but still does the business)

http://www.acdoco.co.uk/stainclinic/step1.asp

Hope that helps
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2007, 02:27 PM
Ta for the tips - it would be interesting to hear what your Dad thinks Fudgley!!

If it's any help it's a bra and just synthetic material, it wasn't expensive so if it gets ruined it's no probs. I can't wear it anyway like this as it is pale and the mark shows through my white tops which is what I bought it for!