Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-07-2012, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
..believed you wanted to discuss this topic properly.
Chance'd be a fine thing
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Could you please elaborate on the risks associated with neutering MATURE (18+ months of age) dogs? because the vast, vast majority of studies citing risks associated with neutering concern the neutering of prepubescence males. I have read little to nothing that states there are anything other than minor, insignificant risks in neutering mature males. However I am happy to be proven wrong.
Again, are you talking about neutering in general or specifically castration?

Either way in the link I posted previously the study examines around 50 papers on the topic. The risks lesson when castration is done later (after full maturity) _but_ are not completely eradicated.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
Stop hounding people for replies. It's up to the individual poster to choose which post or which person they would or would not like to reply to.
I would have thought in a discussion if you had a relevant point and could defend your position you would be only too happy to do so.

I took the time to read the studies you posted because I was interested and I thought they were worth discussing.

What is the point of posting them if you aren't prepared to discuss them?

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Again, are you talking about neutering in general or specifically castration?

Either way in the link I posted previously the study examines around 50 papers on the topic. The risks lesson when castration is done later (after full maturity) _but_ are not completely eradicated.
Are there any risks inherant in not neutering?

rune
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Chance'd be a fine thing
In my world theories and the evidence surrounding them are constantly questioned, it's what makes sure your thinking is sound. I find it very indicative of you mindset that you post articles without (a) reading them properley and then (b) refusing to discuss them. Why bother?
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
I would have thought in a discussion if you had a relevant point and could defend your position you would be only too happy to do so.

I took the time to read the studies you posted because I was interested and I thought they were worth discussing.

rune
I have to admit I find it really irritating on this forum that so many people posts links to studies, expect you to read them but then refuse to discuss the actuality of the conclusions.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

27-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

rune
I have to admit I find it really irritating on this forum that so many people posts links to studies, expect you to read them but then refuse to discuss the actuality of the conclusions.
We all make choices of who we like to engage with and who we don't. Which posts warrant a reply and which do not.

We usually make these decisions based on past experiences, or the conduct displayed in the thread we're in - sometimes we just determine that we do not enjoy discussing things with certain people or that they deserve any of our time. That could be for a number of reasons. Perhaps we think we're just banging our heads against a brick wall? Or we think they are a troll-ish, rude or unreasonable person. Or just someone who lacks the maturity and etiquette we expect in a serious debate. (As per our DGs)

Or we could just not have time (or the inclination) to reply to every post
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:40 PM
What an excellent well thought out post - agree with pretty much everything you have said.

Welcome to Dogsey!
Absolutely! Excellent post.
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:42 PM
We all make choices of who we like to engage with and who we don't. Which posts warrant a reply and which do not.

We usually make these decisions based on past experiences, or the conduct displayed in the thread we're in - sometimes we just determine that we do not enjoy discussing things with certain people or that they deserve any of our time. That could be for a number of reasons. Perhaps we think we're just banging our heads against a brick wall? Or we think they are a troll-ish, rude or unreasonable person. Or just someone who lacks the maturity and etiquette we expect in a serious debate. (As per our DGs)

Or we could just not have time (or the inclination) to reply to every post
Chance'd be a fine thing

Good to know you think I'm not worth replying to, I shall refrain from wasting my time in the future.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Chance'd be a fine thing

Good to know you think I'm not worth replying to, I shall refrain from wasting my time in the future.
Me too!

I think it possibly means there is no answer to the questions posed.

Strange discussion forum where someone posts and can't back it up and won't discuss

Especially when that person is the owner of the forum!

rune
Page 6 of 16 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »