Female 

12-08-2012, 06:45 PM
interesting statement.

my bitches don't have testicles!
bijou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Can I suggest you do read the whole thread before posting---that way you will know if your point has been made by someone else and answered.
...ok..I've read it through now - I can see that my point re genetic diversity was previously raised but where has it been answered ?
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
...ok..I've read it through now - I can see that my point re genetic diversity was previously raised but where has it been answered ?
Watch the video.

rune---actually I didn't say it had been answered
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by polly7 View Post
interesting statement.

my bitches don't have testicles!
That is true but you used the term "neuter" which is unisex, so both sexes are neutered.

Of course if you had said spayed..............
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2012, 06:49 AM
i'm sorry you felt it necessary to bring an interesting and informative thread down to such levels of pettiness. I have no idea what I have done to upset you but you appear to have a need to be confrontational & argumentative in reply to every post I make. I don't know if this is peculiar to me for some reason or you do this to everyone to make you appear more knowledgeable & superior than you really are. Whatever the reason I would appreciate it if you stopped.

mods, I apologise for going off topic and please remove this if you feel fit but I am disappointed and dismayed at the attitude of this member towards me for no other reason than her own gratification.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 07:42 AM
I thought it was a joke.

rune
polly7
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2012, 08:06 AM
if it was an isolated incident i would have agreed.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Unfortunately some people do appear to have a sense of humour bypass.

I am sure someone will come along in a minute and verify that you have not been especially singled out for attention, I treat everyone the same.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Yeh she does Polly7
Allan53
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Desexing isn't even a question in my family, we always do it as soon as we can, for both males and females.

Council in the area has a pretty good policy: to register a dog that hasn't been desexed costs about $50 (or so, I can't remember for sure), if it has it's $5. I always thought that was clever. People who have a good reason for not desexing them (like breeders etc) can claim the difference back on their tax, so nobody is unfairly blocked, and people are encouraged to be responsible.

I suppose people who are philosophically opposed to neutering/desexing could have a problem, though: never met anyone vehemently opposed to it on those grounds before though?

Editing to avoid double-posting: Interesting argument re genetic diversity etc with purebreds (I confess I didn't read all of it). I was always given to understand a lot of those problems were inherent to purebreeding itself? Like recessive genes being, um, non-recessive? If I knew biology I wouldn't be in psychology (except the brain, for some reason I've never had trouble grasping stuff related to that).
Page 16 of 16 « First < 6 13 14 15 16