View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 05:34 PM
I am SO glad that rescue organisations are being recommended for this unfortunate dog. I hope you have success.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki_Ann View Post
He is a cane corso I am pretty sure rather than a neo.
Have you got any photos of this pup? Do they (or the brother) know what breed or cross the dog actually is? Have they tried getting in touch with the brother to say they are about to rehome him? (What if he tries to get the dog back later?).

Maybe someone could foster this dog until a rescue placement is found? It is/would have been Rocky's birthday tomorrow otherwise I might have been able to :/
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Hugs Azz x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Here is another rescue to try:
http://www.canecorsoukmolosserrescue.com/
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2011, 04:17 PM
Any news on this pup??
blackline
New Member!
Male 

19-05-2012, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki_Ann View Post
I have promised to help a friend with this one.

This pup was brought home by my friend's brother, who has now upped and left without said pup. My friend's Mum is undergoing treatment for cancer and they all cannot cope with a bouncy 6 month old Italian Mastiff in the home plus nobody has time or knowledge really for training.

Spike has already been given away once to a home that sounds awful - he was thrown in with the family's staffie, got into a fight and was so stressed he didn't eat for 3 days. When he finally ate his tea, the mother of the family put her hand in his food bowl and the family say he 'went for her', so they brought him straight back. She did not require medical attention, so I'm inclined to think Spike was pushed to his absolute limit and growled at the most.

I have urged my friend to not give him away again - and have said I will do my utmost to ensure a suitable home is found for Spike.

Spike is very good natured, good with other dogs when out and about (may need some TLC after his experience with the staffie to stop him becoming reactive - but may not - just a thought), good with children and traffic. Fine on the lead but has never received proper training in how to walk so will need some time spent on that. He will walk by your side until he sees something exciting and then he may well pull you straight over there.

He still mouths hands - but I have instructed my friend in how to start getting him out of this. He is simply a very excitable, bouncy and sweet puppy - but a big one!

He has been vaccinated - but yet to be castrated and chipped.

He is in the West Midlands area but transport can be provided to pretty much anywhere for the right home.

I feel Spike needs an owner who is experienced with big breeds and has plenty of time to get him on the right track at this critical time in his life.

This is very urgent as certain members of my friend's family will just give Spike away to anyone again if he stays there too long. I have bought him about a week before anything further is done.

I would love to have Spike myself, but the situation just isn't right.
I would like to speak to you about this little guy. Do you have a number I can contact you at?
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2012, 08:00 PM
any news on the pup x
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2012, 08:14 PM
This thread is 9 months old....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2