Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Tooth trouble

I have just had a large gold crown come off from a lower back molar, taking with it most of what has turned out to be a rotten tooth. The crown was put on nearly 30 years ago so I have no idea when the tooth started rotting - as it had been root filled I obviously had no pain from it.

Now I am in deep trouble. It has broken from the gum but leaving a sharp spike sticking up, and the whole root will somehow have to be dug out as there is nothing to get hold of to extract.

I can hopefully get an emergency dental appointment tomorrow but I have the problem of leaving Pereg. And I have no idea how they will get the tooth root out.

Booger booger booger.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Needs sorting hon.....

*Hugs* xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh teeeef! Bain of my life!!! Good luck with it, you've got to get that sorted, it could get infected and you could be in big trouble with it still sitting there, so it's gotta gooooo! Hope there's no ouch factor involved, but I'm sure there will be there usually is! Good luck.xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-09-2011, 05:07 PM
It has actually broken off from below the gum line and when I rinse my mouth it looks like specks of soot keep rinsing out. The sharp bit sticking up is not a shard of tooth, it is the thing they put down the root canal when the root has been removed, which would have reached the top of the tooth after it was cut down for the crown to be fitted - that is why it is sticking up.

The root will have to be dug out and I have no idea how they will go about it, as I know from the panoramic X-rays I had done a few years ago before I had a couple of other crowns made, also two permanent bridges, how deep the roots of those back molars go, and being in my lower jaw it is not going to be a simple thing. I am not even sure if it can be done at the dental clinic or whether it would have to be done at the special dental clinic at the hospital.

My main concern is leaving Pereg. I dare not leave her alone in the bungalow as there is no safe room to shut her in - well I do not have any doors so could not shut her in anywhere in any case. And it is going to be extremely risky for her to go to daycare at the moment even though they are happy to still have her in spite of her epilepsy. My worry is that she is so disorientated when coming out of a seizure and if she had one there, not in her own home where at least I am with her to try and cope with her, what would she do?

And they cannot watch her every minute, can they?

I would never forgive myself if something happened to her and I was not with her and she was alone. I even cancelled the mammogram I had on the 11th of this month because of the worry about leaving her.

Just do not know what to do.