Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2011, 10:46 PM

Late night thinking is bad for me ...

Spoke to my doctors office today after i had a blood test done earlier in the week and was told that my gp wanted to book a telephone appointment with me ,now i have had not much to do with doctors so i dont know if it a good thing or bad that she does not need to see me in person ,but then i start thinking why couldnt the receptionist tell me the results..
Late night thinking is bad for me ..
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Receptionist not allowed to tell you-----if it was anything to worry about they'd see you in person.

Go to sleep!

rune
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post
Receptionist not allowed to tell you-----if it was anything to worry about they'd see you in person.

Go to sleep!

rune
Yes mum.,....
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by rune View Post

Go to sleep!

rune
Rune is correct, receptionists are not allowed to tell you and generally do not understand the written results anyway.

I also agree that if it was serious or anything that required further action they would want to see you in person.

So like she says, stop worrying and go sleep!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Rune is correct, Murf..... hope you managed to get some sleep.

If it's any consolation, I was told about two things over the phone by my doc, and neither bother me that much at all, as they are now completely under control!

x0x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-09-2011, 07:20 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. Turned out one of my results was off but the doctor thought it was more likely to be an error with the test (sometimes they can be affected by stuff like the blood being taken slightly too roughly, things like that) so wanted to let me know and arrange a re-test. Second lot of results were fine. I agree with the others, if it was serious then you'd be asked to come into the doctors surgery to be told face-to-face
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-09-2011, 09:38 AM
My medication is being doubled ...
O well its not that bad ...