Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 05:50 PM

? A stroke at 41

I have had such worrying day.
My Daughter in Law gets up at 4am for work but today she woke with a paralysed, numb, drooping face and didn't go in. When my son woke at 7 he thought she had overslept but was frightened to death when he heard her slurred speech and saw her face.
He got her to their GP, who sent her to the hospital where she has been all day.
They have queried so many things from Bells Palsy to Migraine to blocked arteries and a stroke.
They have now let her home but she has to go back to the stroke clinic tomorrow.
I'm quite worried about her, her mouth is certainly down on the right and she doesn't look "right"

Lots of vibes for her for tomorrow please
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Oh no. How worrying for you, Jen.

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious and she will be back to normal soon. xx
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Sounds like Bell's Palsy to me. I'd have thought if her face was drooping then she would have some kind of weakness in her body on the same side.
You must be worried sick. I hope it turns out to be just Bell's Palsy and she makes a quick recovery.
Hugs to you xxxxxxx
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Oh no. How worrying for you, Jen.

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious and she will be back to normal soon. xx
Thanks Nic, my fingers are well and truely crossed

Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Sounds like Bell's Palsy to me. I'd have thought if her face was drooping then she would have some kind of weakness in her body on the same side.
You must be worried sick. I hope it turns out to be just Bell's Palsy and she makes a quick recovery.
Hugs to you xxxxxxx
Thanks Zoe, I hope so too.
She says she has squeezed so many doctors hands today, she has quite enjoyed it .
She has also had a headache which has been relieved with Paracetamol.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-09-2011, 06:19 PM
Healing vibes for your DIL and (((hugs))) for you Jen.

I hope its Bells Palsy too my uncle had this many years ago and made a full recovery.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:25 PM
How scary for you all. I must say, it does sound more like Bells Palsy. I spent a long time in hospital, with stroke patients on the same ward and they do tend to have weakness or numbness all down one side. Hopefully she'll get some answers tomorrow, xx
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Wishing your DIL well Nippy, very worrying for you. A friend's dad had Bells Palsy, it took a little while but he made a full recovery from it.

Everything crossed here.x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Oh how scarey for all of you Jen, I hope they find out what it is and she recovers quickly. How frightening to wake up with that!!!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Healing vibes for your DIL and (((hugs))) for you Jen.

I hope its Bells Palsy too my uncle had this many years ago and made a full recovery.
Thanks Lynn, my Dad had it too and made a full recovery so fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
How scary for you all. I must say, it does sound more like Bells Palsy. I spent a long time in hospital, with stroke patients on the same ward and they do tend to have weakness or numbness all down one side. Hopefully she'll get some answers tomorrow, xx
I know, I have nursed any amount of stroke patients and I went through all the usual things with her. It is definitely only her face that is affected.
My son is going with her and he won't leave anything unanswered

Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Wishing your DIL well Nippy, very worrying for you. A friend's dad had Bells Palsy, it took a little while but he made a full recovery from it.

Everything crossed here.x
Thanks Majuka xx

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh how scarey for all of you Jen, I hope they find out what it is and she recovers quickly. How frightening to wake up with that!!!
Worried me to death H. Heck she is going to be a Granny in 5 months Bless her.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Sounds like what happened to me. Woke up one morning with all the symptoms of a stroke, lots of doctors and hospital appointments, took them ages to diagnose a stroke. When it happened again they said Id had hemoragpligic [sp??] migrain.

I now have to take tablets when I feel the symptoms coming on and so far not had quite as bad reactions.

Hope she gets better soon xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >