View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Just for the future, it might be an idea to set up a 'dog fund' where you pay a bit of money into every month, as a substitute for insurance.

Lasqa always had upset tummies and nearly died twice, but she was ALWAYS lethargic and definitively sick, she didn't even come say hello to be anymore. So unless Penelope gets worse I'd just observe her and see how she does. Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious!
ruralex
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2013, 04:44 PM
My dog Lexi has a very sensitive tummy and is allergic to beef and chicken. Beef causes her to have diarrhea and sometimes a little red blood near the end because the lower intestine becomes irritated. Chicken makes her itch! Anyway, if Penelope is acting ok just cut back on the raw food and give her some rice maybe with a little tuna or other protein she can tolerate. My Lexi can eat duck, salmon and lamb. Good luck
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Laurabehjet View Post
I'm afraid I don't get any benefits except child benefit and working tax credit so I doubt we would be accepted.

My husband is usually on a good wage but recently the company went through trouble, he thought he was going to lose his job at one point and work was drying up. It's picking up now but he gets paid monthly, I spent the working tax and child benefit on groceries, he next gets paid on Friday. If work keeps picking up we'll be fine for money again very soon but not for a month or two.
Pretty certain you can only use the PDSA if you are receiving housing benefit. I hope she improves soon and I really feel for you on the finances front. My partner lost his job when I was newly pregnant with Merryn, found years ago, and it has happened twice since..including one company who left him highht and dry owing him £3 k which we will never get to see as we don't have the money to sue them. I know that the PDSA does a great job but it does really annoy me that when hard working people are in need there is no where to go to ...but SOME people who are on the right benefits do not think twice about getting another pet because they know they will get free pet vet treatment. I understand if you have a pet and then fall apon hard times, but it riles me that people add to their pet family knowing that someone else will pick up the bill.

Sorry for the off topic rant but, for the past three years, we have had the unfortunate pleasure of living next to a couple with four children who do not work, not cat get a job but do not work...they have two cars, the housing association round regularly doing various upgrades on their house and garden, constantly have money to do various DIY projects, there children go off on all sorts of holidays with various charitable organisations, have three cats and one dog, rabbits and birds, get their vet care free and barely contribute to society at all.....while my partner and I have really struggled while he has set up his own business and is therefore entitled to no help at all. Last year we had to rely on the charity of friends, family and a basic bank to feed ourselves. Thankfully our wonderful vet let us make claims directly through them to the insurance company without having to settle the bills first.

Thankfully this past year has been so much better financially,otherwise we would not have considered getting another dog...but this week one of his clients is late with a check so we too have no money to our name....well I might have £5. I have some money coming in tomorrow but, if it weren't for that Paul would have to cancel his job in Claridges tomorrow as he can't afford the train fair!
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2013, 07:57 AM
She still hasn't gone to the loo!

Lots of weeing but no pooing since yesterday morning.

Still seems fine, a little tired maybe but still wanting to play and jumping up for cuddles....
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2013, 08:04 AM
That sounds like good news, hope she continues in a positive way x
Laurabehjet
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2013, 10:27 AM
All seems great!

She just went to the loo and produced a nice, normal, number 2
no diarrhoea or blood.

I'm so relieved, I was very panicked yesterday!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-07-2013, 10:33 AM
When it gets to the state that a normal poo has everyone cheering...!

I am so glad that Penelope has produced a normal one!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3