Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tania D
New Member!
Female 

22-07-2013, 02:46 PM

Hi, I could do with some advice please x

I have a beautiful Husky/Belgium Malinois called Roman. My problem is that I have accidentally ran out of his food and can't get any for 2 days as i can only get it for 2 days. I'd like to be sure that I can feed him oats made with water? I know he can have rice but thought oats would be better, I am getting all sorts of answers, so thought I would try here and hello by the way . . .
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 02:49 PM
You can but he really needs some meats too? and veg if he likes it x
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 02:50 PM
Ps good name, my son is Roman too lol x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2013, 03:34 PM
Do you not have any food in your home apart from rice and oats? No eggs, tinned sardines or pilchards - nothing? No shops anywhere near you?

If you have "accidentally" run out of food for your dog, do you have food for yourself? Because if you do, then please feed it to your dog before you feed yourself.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Years ago I used to give my dogs porridge for breakfast quite regularly - I can't remember why! They certainly ate it with no complaint - come to think of it, the cat used to condescend to eat some too.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Surely there's a little local shop somewhere you can pop out to and maybe get some tinned Chappie? That's usually fine for all dogs as it's recommended for upset tums and will be a lot more substantial than a bowl of porridge.

Got any eggs in the fridge? You could make scrambled eggs with water. What about potatoes, if you've got some of those you can make some mash and add a tin of pilchards to it? Not too much potato, just as a filler to bulk it out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 04:45 PM
sardines, pilchards or tuna with steamed veg would be OK
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Tania D View Post
I have a beautiful Husky/Belgium Malinois called Roman. My problem is that I have accidentally ran out of his food and can't get any for 2 days as i can only get it for 2 days. I'd like to be sure that I can feed him oats made with water? I know he can have rice but thought oats would be better, I am getting all sorts of answers, so thought I would try here and hello by the way . . .
Hello Tania in an emergency with nothing else available (meat or fish) your dog will survive on porridge for two days . If you have any eggs to add to it that would be better.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2013, 06:06 PM
Hello, I was just wondering why oats and water sprang to mind as an alternative to dog food? I have run out of both my dogs normal dog food sometimes, due to mix ups with deliveries or wholesalers letting the suppliers down and occasionally due to complete lack of funds but there's a whole range of things they get when that happens. Like the others have said I tend to feed things like rice with egg, chicken, tuna or fish and some left over vegetables. Occasionally they have pasta or left over jacket potato instead of rice. I would have thought your dog would eat oats and water but there are lots tastier more nutritious things.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-07-2013, 07:03 PM
You don't have to make scrambled eggs, just give them raw with their shells.