View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Oh Bebe, what a shock to read this, what a heartbreaking evening you've had and a truly horrendous experience at your vets. I am so so sorry. It was so evident your love for George in your worry over his walks and us trying to put your mind at rest. This is a sad time for us all at Dogsey, we feel for all our friends losing their beloved dogs and this last fortnight has been very sad indeed. I feel for you so much. I hope you have some support around you. Sue xxx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-04-2015, 08:21 AM
Bebe I am so sorry and can appreciate how devastated you must be at losing George in such a sudden and unexpected way

This whole thread has been about your doing the best for George and stands as a testament to your love for him... (hugs)x

Sleep well George clearly a much loved little dog...
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-04-2015, 09:20 AM
Been following the thread and am so sorry to hear about George. Run free George.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2015, 11:21 AM
Bebe So sorry....Run free George xx
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

25-04-2015, 11:46 AM
So sorry Run free George
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-04-2015, 01:41 PM
I am so sorry to read this. You can take comfort that George knew he was loved and was that he was happy and active until the end. I know how devestating this is and words are not enough... big hug.

Run free at Rainbow Bridge George, when the time is right George will show you another dog that needs love and a family, he'll know when the time is right to bring you a new fur baby (not to replace him, you will never do that, but to love and care for in his memory). It may nit seem possible now, it will happen and helping another, will ease your pain.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2015, 03:15 PM
Oh Bebe, I am so sorry to read this. We lost our beloved Laszlo to the same evil cancer, and believe me, there was nothing you could have done. It is next to impossible to detect and tends to cause no symptoms until it is too late, and even if you do catch it, it spreads. Ending his suffering was the right thing to do and you were there to make sure it was as peaceful as it could be. You will always miss beautiful mad George but let the happy memories shine through-- eventually they will overshadow the painful ones. I wish you peace.
Bebe1
New Member!
Female 

26-04-2015, 07:41 PM
Thankyou all so much for all your kind words.

I just feel totally lost. I cant believe hes gone. Ive lost 2 dogs now in the space of 9 months, and although I loved them both equally, George really was my soul-dog. My best friend. He was such a big presence, not only because he was a large dog but because he was a big character too, and so young in his ways...my sister always summed him up by saying he was like a big toddler. Just a few hours before he was taken so ill, he grabbed my oven-gloves and ran into the garden with them, wanting me to chase him, he liked it when I used to put my hands on my hips and say " now what have you got!", he would play bow, then as I went towards him would throw them up into the air he was so funny!

I had a huge card this morning from all the villagers, they signed it and said how they would miss seeing him led out the front, going over to kiss them all if they stopped to say hello. Its nice to know how fond of him everyone was.

Its so hard. The house is so empty, staying in hurts, seeing all his stuff around and not seeing him, but going out hurts too because coming back in hurts even more without his lumbering waggy-tailed welcome. I feel my heart is literally breaking.
Im picking him up from the crematorium tomorrow, I had a private cremation the same place my Tyra was cremated, so he will be home with me then.

My Mum upset me a bit but she didnt mean to...sometimes shes just too practical, she said at least it will be better for me now re having my op, easier all round. While that might be true, its not the way I see it. id rather have no op and my George back. She means well, but Id give anything just to have him here and can see no positives in this at the moment.

strangechilde, Im sorry you lost your little dog to this terrible illness. I guess the only thing we can hold on to is that it happens so fast. I did read up on it after and read that spleen /tumour removal can only give a dog an extra few weeks life, as it was then in the bloodstream. Then Chemo, which will give around 3 months. Such an invasive cancer and like you said, by the time there are any symptoms, its too late. I know George was dying and the vet said he would likely be gone by the time the scanner was set up ( 30 minutes) so the decision to help him on his way was the right thing to do. Why watch him die for 30 minutes when could be at peace sooner.

This is the first time Ive been without a dog in my life for 20 years, maybe more. Im lost. Such a huge hole left. Maybe sometime in the future I will think about another dog, or maybe fostering or something, but right now I just want George.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Of course you just want George, Bebe. And sure it might be easier with you not having to walk him, I don't see how it makes the whole thing easier all around, though I'm sure your mum mean well. You've lost a dear friend and it has put a hole in you, as you said, and I know how much it hurts, and that's not going to make anything easier. I know you would have been out there at the break of dawn testing your new hip with George at your side if you could! Many people understand, so the ones who are insensitive-- well, you can not listen to them for a while. I'm glad that you have the support of the villagers in your area. You should not be ashamed to show your grief, nor to ask for help or quiet if you need it.

Laszlo died several years ago, and as with you, it left a great huge hole in our lives. We did decide to adopt another dog-- we wanted another big dog, but one who was very different from Laszlo, someone who would stand on his own strengths and not invite comparison (frankly, Laszlo was without compare). We ended up with Taji, and what a mess he was! But what a wonderful dog he has turned out to be, standing on his own strengths. Laszlo remains incomparable, and we will always remember him. Nothing will ever take his place, just as nothing will ever take George's. I'm sure you have it in you to give your love to another dog, alongside dear George, but in your own time. For now, please look after yourself. You've been through a very hard thing. We're all with you here.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-04-2015, 09:09 PM
Bebe, I am so sorry to read of your loss and my heart goes out to you. George sounds such a lovely and special friend and I can imagine how lost you feel without him. George knew he was loved and you did the only thing you could for him in the end to make sure that he didn't suffer.
Run free George xx
You are very much in my thoughts Bebe xx
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >