Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
I have no idea how you make such a difficult decision, and hope with my pup we have many more years before if ever we are in such an awful position.

Hugs and prayers that you will know when the time is right, and not be left with wondering what if for ever.

Hugs to you, Gorden and Ollie.
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Lynn, so sorry to be reading your update today, it's heartbreaking to see a dog who once was able to bounce around and chase balls turn into one who is barely able to walk. You will have to think long and hard about what's best for him but I'm sure you'll do that and here's hoping he can have a little longer with you.
Originally Posted by emma47 View Post
So sorry. Thinking of you

xx
Thanks all we have decided to hang off sending the video for now as although he is deteriorating he is slightly better now than he was earleir but we are in no doubt this is getting worse and has got worse since last Wednesday.

I have e-mailed Nadia asking for a chat and I will ask what her opinion is on all this and how she thinks it will go if we lower the prednisilone and start the sporanox or do we now decide to do neither and accept the fight is over. I truly cannot see how it will stay at where it is which is not good for him mobility wise and certainly will not get better or do we leave it till he is at the stage he was when all this started his back legs collapsing under him literally and within two days no mobility at all ?
Greyhoundlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-02-2011, 06:05 PM
So sorry .

We will be thinking of you, and praying you will find the strength to see you through the coming days.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 06:25 PM
oh Lynn.. i feel for you,and i understand too

whatever you decide i know it will all be for Ollie..what a lucky bear ...big big {{hugs}} to you all xxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhoundlover View Post
So sorry .

We will be thinking of you, and praying you will find the strength to see you through the coming days.
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
oh Lynn.. i feel for you,and i understand too

whatever you decide i know it will all be for Ollie..what a lucky bear ...big big {{hugs}} to you all xxx

Thank you both.

Layla I appreciate your input as you are in the profession and must know how hard things like this are for us.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 06:43 PM
My heart goes out to you.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Thinking of you all Lynn.xxx
footsieG
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-02-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Lynn, my heart goes out to you and Gordon, and of cause Ollie, you will know when the time is right, honest. Two years ago my Reiva collapsed , running one minute the next couldn't get up, he was diagnosed with Cardio Myopathy, an appt. Was made to see the cardo man, once that was in place, i started to really get upset, and shouting at myself, we never made it to the Cardo as it was wrong for him, so I said goodbye to my beautiful boy, with dignity. So as I know you love that boy as much as I loved my Reiva, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. hers's hoping you have a lot more time with Ollie, but go with my luv and prayers for you and yours. Gayle. X
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
My heart goes out to you.
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Thinking of you all Lynn.xxx
Originally Posted by footsieG View Post
Hi Lynn, my heart goes out to you and Gordon, and of cause Ollie, you will know when the time is right, honest. Two years ago my Reiva collapsed , running one minute the next couldn't get up, he was diagnosed with Cardio Myopathy, an appt. Was made to see the cardo man, once that was in place, i started to really get upset, and shouting at myself, we never made it to the Cardo as it was wrong for him, so I said goodbye to my beautiful boy, with dignity. So as I know you love that boy as much as I loved my Reiva, YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. hers's hoping you have a lot more time with Ollie, but go with my luv and prayers for you and yours. Gayle. X
Thank you all. I have had a call from receptionist at the vet school telling me Nadia asked her to ring me she has received all my e-mails about various things but particularly my last one she is at the moment admitting a case and doing a consult but to let me know she will call back and have a chat and that she hasn't fogotten us.

Goodness that girl is amazing I wasn't expecting a call back tonight and if I don't get one and have to wait a day or two I am more than willing to accept that.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 07:12 PM
So sorry Lynn
My heart is breaking for you,stay strong,as others have said,you will know when the fight is over and be guided by Nadia.
Thinking of you all xx

Gentle cuddles to Ollie xx
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I am so pleased that you have a vet to help you that you feel confident with, it must help that you have her for guidance, and she wants the best for Ollie as you do.

Big hugs again for you all.
Page 18 of 28 « First < 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 > Last »