Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 10:52 PM

Internal Flights?

Can anyone help me please, I have an internal flight leaving Newcastle Airport next weekend to go to Heathrow, how long do we now need to be at the airport before hand? I have no information what so ever. I know it used to be an hour but since all the terrorism scares its changed.
Its for my final yoga exam and already terrified. Does anyone know?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:36 PM
if you are just carrying hand baggage you could probably do an hour - no liquids in your luggage otherwise it would need to be checked in - if you have luggage I would say 1 1/2 hr would be better - however does depend on who you are flying with and what time of day as to how busy the airport might be ( ie:security)
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Travelling at 2.15 on a Saturday. Got a hair appointment at 11 to braid my hair away but its so long it may take about 1/2 hour to do. Then takes 1/2 to get there. What do you think Dani? Im scared to death just going for exam never mind the flying. Bricks & toilets come to mind already! lol
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 01:03 AM
I thought they reccommended 2 hours before hand, could be wrong though, why don't you ring the airport & find out.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 07:10 AM
I would check with the airport Laura, just to be on the safe side.

Good luck with the exam honey - we're all rooting for you!

xxxx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 08:08 AM
yes i think at the moment you have to be at the airport 2 hours before, but someone at work did say they are realxing some of the rules shortly, so i would ring the airline and check Miss K

You can always practice your bendys and stretchys in the departure lounge now that woudl cause a stir
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I've just got back from portugal for 3 days (work not play! ) and I checked in 2 hours before the flight, although coming back I had to leave it until and hour before and there was no problem. Some of the airlines are allowing liquid in hand baggage, I saw plenty of people going through with bottles etc.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 09:30 AM
No idea about flights Luz cos I haven't flown since I was 21 but I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world for your yoga exam (not like you will need it or anything) So good luck Luz and I'll be thinking of you

Still laughing about what Toby said about you doing your bendies and stretchies in the departure lounge
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Travelling at 2.15 on a Saturday. Got a hair appointment at 11 to braid my hair away but its so long it may take about 1/2 hour to do. Then takes 1/2 to get there. What do you think Dani? Im scared to death just going for exam never mind the flying. Bricks & toilets come to mind already! lol

if you are saying you are getting their for about 12ish then thats absoultely fine - ample time - they recommend 2 hours minimum for european flights and 3 hours for transatlantic - however with a domestic as long as you turn up outwith 50 minutes of flight departure time they wont have shut the check in.

Who are you flying with ??
if its BA/BMI etc you can check in online to make it easier and then just do a bag drop at airport so you dont have to wait in the queue if their is one - the only thing that may delay you is going to be security as they are checking everything more thoroughly - I still wouldnt take liquids in ur hand luggage as the advce is still to travel without it.

good luck - am sure u will be fine !!
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Hi
I have flown from Newcastle to Gatwick twice in the last 2 weeks and an hour before take off has been fine if you go straight to security. Either check in on line or at the self service so you don't have to queue. The security queue does look long but moves quite quickly and we got through in 15-20 minutes. If you check in at self service there is generally no wait at fast baggage drop if you do have luggage to check in. It wasn't really much worse than normal and felt fine. I take it it is a BA flight. Good luck.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >