Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 04:58 PM

You might want to check your will...

if you`ve left anything to the RSPCA that is.
An elderly man left part of his estate to the RSPCA and the Charity took the 2 other elderly people named in the Will to court to get some more!
Here`s the details - I was most interested in the comments underneath!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-1898150.html
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Disgraceful But nothing surprises me with the RSPCA!
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 05:18 PM
This is more an issue with the legal advisor drafting the will...

All they would have to add to the bequest is if this is the amount before or after duties.

Either that or the government could just make charity bequests tax exempt seen as they pick up the slack the government should be doing!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

13-02-2010, 06:03 PM
Disgraceful! They already got £370,000 and they wanted to get more out of his brother and friends!!!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-02-2010, 06:41 PM
I think that is absolutely disgusting of them to chase the other people who were bequeathed money.

I never give to RSPCA now as I have heard far too many bad things about them. Any charity that can spends millions on a brand new headquarters including statues, state of the art doors etc and still be so greedy defies belief.

I would sooner give to a more deserving and helpful charity.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 12:51 AM
i dont understand inheritance tax... why was it so much?
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i dont understand inheritance tax... why was it so much?
Inheritance tax is A LOT!!!!

Best have it when your still alive is my motto!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Ummmmmmmmmmmm this doesn't surprise me.

When I worked for them over the 14 years I saw stuff that I wouldn't condone

At that time the kennels and cattery were run separate from the hospital and Inspectors, although all sited on the same site.

I know it was very much them and us situation, with small things like us taking a dog off someone that was visiably fine for re-homing, but the kennels management refusing to take it........ie one of us Inspectors staff would take it home to foster till a home was found.....then the kennels asking if it had been ''donated towards'' as they felt the ''donation'' should go to them.

I know there was a will in those days left to kennels and cattery of a house and land and lets say ''underhanded stuff done'' as certain management expressed a desire to ''keep'' it I know there was a big debate about it, and hospital and Inspectors raised the matter with Headquarters and they had to look into it
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2010, 01:13 PM
That's absolutely disgusting. I'm not surprised though. i stopped giving them money ages ago.

I've seen on TV an advert from the RSPCA stating that you can leave your pets to them in your will so they can take care of them after you die. As if they're going to do that. I have GSDs - after what they did in the summer, are they going to shoot them? It's things like this that make me embarrassed to admit I ever gave them money. I actually played a part in funding the management who do this sort of thing.

My dogs are left in my will to family and firends just in case anything happens to me whilst they're still alive. I know they'll always be safe and the money is there to look after them properly.

Laura xx