Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 01:46 PM

Its spring and the idiots are about!!

Just got back from our local country park and it was packed. Though not usually at this time of day...must be cos the sun is shining people have got their dogs out the cupboard!!

Anyway cos it was so busy i had to park on the main road (you are allowed!), I had just got back to car after walk and got my gang in fine.
Then i saw three little dogs, two yorkshires and a jack running along the main road with their leads trailing.
One just missed a car by an inch i would say, the driver didnt even see it.
I assumed their must have been an incident in the woods and something bad had happened and someone had lost all their dogs...after all we are not all perfect all the time!!

But then i caught one turned around and there was a woman coming towards me. Thought i would get a thanks for finding her dog but all she said was she opened the boot of her car and they all run off!!! No kidding!!

Thing is, like i say we all make mistakes but she wasnt even bothered...even after i said one nearly got squashed by a range rover!!
She obviously didnt even rush to find them either.

Spring is here....lets all let are dogs run down the main road!!!

Anyone else met any idiots lately or is it just me?!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Nope not a soul out today, although I was expecting trouble because of the sunshine. I will definitely get the trouble on the promenade, because that's where the little old ladies and the tourists walk. Their dogs only come out on sunny days and it's ok to yap and charge at bigger dogs because ' he thinks he's a rockwyler'. Either that or it's the pick up your dog brigade. Grrr people!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Yup. It is an idiot free for all when the sun shines around here. I love walking in nice weather; it beats rain, mud and dull skies anyday, but I despise the morons that come out to play. So in some ways, walking on an icky winters day has it's benefits.

This morning (8:30am) I had just pulled out of our drive on my way to Uni. We have a school in the next road, so my road is busy with school traffic at this time. Bloke I see every morning without fail has his extremely timid and nervous Spaniel off the lead, a LONG way in front of him. Cars streaming past and a ton of people walking to the school. This dog has ran out in front of me before and he STILL walks it off lead.

Then I get to the end of our road, turn into the high street, and see a family with their young Lab off the lead at the busiest time of day for traffic.

The idiots are indeed out in force.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 02:02 PM
Saw one today(didn't meet them), when we were coming back in the taxi from the school, my taxi driver said....OMG look at this dopey woman.........

she was walking the grass down a '''dual carriageway'' with two small JRT's, throwing a ball for them...

NO LEADS
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Saw one today(didn't meet them), when we were coming back in the taxi from the school, my taxi driver said....OMG look at this dopey woman.........

she was walking the grass down a '''dual carriageway'' with two small JRT's, throwing a ball for them...

NO LEADS
Holy moly. What is wrong with people? unreal.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I love walking in nice weather; it beats rain, mud and dull skies anyday, but I despise the morons that come out to play. So in some ways, walking on an icky winters day has it's benefits.

:
I love the sunshine and blue skies, makes everyone seem happier. But I agree it brings out the idiots too and I would sometimes gladly have another grotty summer just so we can walk in peace.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
I love the sunshine and blue skies, makes everyone seem happier. But I agree it brings out the idiots too and I would sometimes gladly have another grotty summer just so we can walk in peace.
Walk at odd times if you can. I have a weird schedule, so usually do my 'morning' (if you can call it that!) walk at between 10:30am and 12:00pm. You avoid the 9 o' clock and 3 o' clock drones that way. Then I go out again if I choose to around dusk time. I don't generally come across the numpties if I do it this way...in fact, I often don't come across anyone at all!
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Lol seen it bought the t shirt ,xxxxxxx
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-04-2009, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Walk at odd times if you can. I have a weird schedule, so usually do my 'morning' (if you can call it that!) walk at between 10:30am and 12:00pm. You avoid the 9 o' clock and 3 o' clock drones that way. Then I go out again if I choose to around dusk time. I don't generally come across the numpties if I do it this way...in fact, I often don't come across anyone at all!
That sounds like a plan, and luckily I can walk pretty much when I want.

Any suggestions for the easter/summer hols when the kids are about at all times with their dogs?
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2009, 04:04 PM
That does kind of go out of the window in the holidays. LOL. BUT I still find that by avoiding Average Joe's walk time, I avoid the idiots. I just totally the avoid the beaches and parks (fair weather walkers paradise!!) unless it is really early. Beaches and parks are packed all day regardless of what time you go.

Writing that makes me sound like an anti social mare, but I assure you I am not. Just a teensy bit fed up of fair weather walkers.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >