View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-06-2010, 05:57 PM
When I go away with mine i take a tray of wings for the first day or two, then i switch them to the Wainwright's wet trays (only sold in Pets at Home i think), luckily one pack splits between the three of them for a meal so it's easy to work out how much i need to take
lvcardwell
New Member!
Female 

22-06-2010, 06:48 PM
I have been to local supplier of Barking Heads who gave me some sample packets of their goodies. Dodi loves them so I shall buy a small bag and try a gentle changeover, giving a small amount of BARF but supplementing with the complete.
BARF keeps his tubes clear, his teeth are sparkling and there's no doggy smell so I shall be checking these points during the changeover!
Meat for human consumption is too expensive as he will eat nearly 2lbs a day.
I believe Oijen is good too so will keep this in mind for future reference. As you say labradork, expensive but I'm only feeding a single child after all!
When we go travelling in France, BARF (other than a bone or two) is out of the question as you can imagine.

Will post results of 'output' later.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Re teeth condition on dry food-I have always cleaned my 2 dogs teeth every other day and Cherry at 9 years of age has perfect teeth and Parker has a tiny bit of tartar on 2 big front ones but nothing to bother about. Unfortunately mine have a dietary intolerance to barf and Cherry got rushed in to the vets when I tried it bleeding profusely from her rear end so not something I want to try again !

Glad your dog liked the "Barking Heads" dog food. My Mum doesn't like the smell of the Salmon and potato one when I go round to her house but I can't really notice it and their poos don't smell too bad.
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-06-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi,

in case it doesn't work out with feeding "complete":

I just checked on one of our dutch dog forums, and the general consensus is that it's not hard to find raw in france... Most supermarkets and many local butchers sell "viande pour le chein", which is much cheaper then meat for human consumption but is fully quality controlled.... Its basically the offcuts from their "human" products... They also sell tripe, but this is washed as it is apparantly a delicacy for the french....

Hope this helps....
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-06-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Natures menu is also in sealed trays, very handy for travelling.

If you really want a complete then most rice and potato based foods wll give less bulk than wheat based foods
Hmmmm,......please tell Jimmi that because he is on Wafcol Salmon and Potato and to be honest his poops are something that a dog three times his size would be proud of Also, he produces these mountains three times a day!

Still, on the plus side they are firm and easy to pick up
Panda84
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-06-2010, 02:14 PM
If you want wet food then natures harvest is good, Panda always does very small poops on that and its cheap as a dog up to 10kg only needs 1/4-3/4 of a tray a day so you feed less than if you feed nature diet.
Ali Fish4Dogs
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Premium quality ingredients will result in maximum nutrition and this is reflected in body condition and volume of faeces.

A super premium food will be around 90% digestible - meaning of 100% going in just 10% is evacuated in the form of faeces.

Fish4Dogs have many customers who choose to feed the Barf diet, however these customers are looking for a convenient food to feed when away from home that fits with their beliefs in pet food feeding.

Generally, cheap foods reflect the quality of the ingredients and this will be noticed in faecal volume and general body condition. Cereals are often used as cheap fillers that have low nutritional value.

Ali
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Ali Fish4Dogs View Post
Premium quality ingredients will result in maximum nutrition and this is reflected in body condition and volume of faeces.

A super premium food will be around 90% digestible - meaning of 100% going in just 10% is evacuated in the form of faeces.

Fish4Dogs have many customers who choose to feed the Barf diet, however these customers are looking for a convenient food to feed when away from home that fits with their beliefs in pet food feeding.

Generally, cheap foods reflect the quality of the ingredients and this will be noticed in faecal volume and general body condition. Cereals are often used as cheap fillers that have low nutritional value.

Ali
Please note we do not allow advertising on the forums - please do not plug your company.

Additionally, can you explain why the JeannieB account is being reported as using the same IP as yours? I guess there's no surprise it has also been used to advertise the same item!

Thanks
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2