Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:22 AM

Calming band or body wrap (fireworks)

Hi, I am determined to help rex stay calmer when the fireworks are going off this year. He is already wearing a beaphur calming collar and think im going to order some skullcap and valarian. I have also beeing looking at the calming band which goes over the nose or the body wrap as they have been mentioned to me on another thread. I'm not sure as to which one to try, has anybody had good results with either of them?
thanks
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 09:43 AM
ive got some rescue remedy coming soon and i will try the bandage wrap as well so will let you know how it goes!
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
ive got some rescue remedy coming soon and i will try the bandage wrap as well so will let you know how it goes!
That would be great, thanks
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Kirsty -

Update for you,

Tried Emergency Essence by Jan De Vries for China the other night when there were fireworks going off...i did give her twice as much as she moved her head whilst i was counting the drops and it all went in

Counted out and it was roughly 10 drops.....anyway...about 10 mins later she was calm and asleep on the sofa...she did look quite drowsy though but i think that was because i accidentally gave her too much, the correct dose would be just right i think!

Dosage was 5 drops and china's weight is approx 15kg...

heres the link on ebay for you...very fast seller as well...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
Hi Kirsty -

Update for you,

Tried Emergency Essence by Jan De Vries for China the other night when there were fireworks going off...i did give her twice as much as she moved her head whilst i was counting the drops and it all went in

Counted out and it was roughly 10 drops.....anyway...about 10 mins later she was calm and asleep on the sofa...she did look quite drowsy though but i think that was because i accidentally gave her too much, the correct dose would be just right i think!

Dosage was 5 drops and china's weight is approx 15kg...

heres the link on ebay for you...very fast seller as well...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
thanks, do you think its ok to give that with sullcap and valarian? Does it say its ok to use on animals too?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2010, 08:48 PM
I think the calming band(head) is designed more to help the dog become more aware of their had movements when barking. I use the anxiety wrap and we have had great success. She goes all waggy when it comes out even when stressed by noises and fireworks.