View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Well then I am sure you wouldn't mind my wolfhounds they are very well behaved and they don't smoke
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I don't agree with any animals in a place (including children) if I am going out to eat, I think there is a time and a place and so many meals out have been totally ruined by untrained dogs in pub gardens making a nuisance of themselves or screaming brats racing around restaurants. My newphew and niece are probably the worst offenders! I would not wish to impose my dogs on other people and not even the Irish Kennel Club purpose built show centre allows dogs in the resaurant, even though outside the door it is wall to wall dog! I am passionately against smoking too and one of the many great things about living here is that it is totally banned in public buildings including work places and pubs so at least I can go out these days!
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I don't agree with any animals in a place (including children) if I am going out to eat, I think there is a time and a place and so many meals out have been totally ruined by untrained dogs in pub gardens making a nuisance of themselves or screaming brats racing around restaurants. My newphew and niece are probably the worst offenders! I would not wish to impose my dogs on other people and not even the Irish Kennel Club purpose built show centre allows dogs in the resaurant, even though outside the door it is wall to wall dog! I am passionately against smoking too and one of the many great things about living here is that it is totally banned in public buildings including work places and pubs so at least I can go out these days!
The landlord of our local village pub is happy for 'well behaved' dogs to go into the pub providing it's outwith the hours he serves food.

The place we were at yesterday in Moffat publicised the 'dogs welcome' fact to those who don't want to have dogs around them at mealtimes are free to choose somewhere else. I think as long as the proprioters make it clear that they do / don't welcome dogs it's fine.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 12:38 PM
Seeing as mine want to do everything with you and one has bad separation anxiety it would be great if I could take them everywhere - there are alot of things we haven't gone to in three years that I would jump at the chance of doing if I could take the pooches!

I wanna take mine everywhere...I dunno why but I really wanna take them in tescos or something, Keena is such a shopper she would love it...lol...I think it's just that your not suppossed to take them in making me want to?? Plus the fact that they are my family and we're hardly apart and it seems odd when they can't be with me.

Also it would be cool if they could stay at most hotels and stuff - truth is though - they would proabbly cause havok but I like that, haha.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 01:10 PM
when I managed the Blackness Inn, I let dogs into the bar, but not the restaurant, I would also let them into the beer garden which had an eating area, I felt as there were two places provided I had been fair, that said if it was raining and a couple with a dog and child came in, so long as the restaurant wasn't mobbed I would let them in, the bar could be a bit busy at weekends, full of farmers and the like arguing over whos bull is best tiz enough to freek a towny kid right out

For saftey there is no way you could have dogs laying on the floor if the restaurant was full, the outcome could be horrid, waitress trips over dog, hot soup all over old lady and dog, ouch!
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Could you imagine my Toby in a restaurant...'cuddle anyone'!!

Originally Posted by dougiepit View Post
when I managed the Blackness Inn, I let dogs into the bar, but not the restaurant, I would also let them into the beer garden which had an eating area, I felt as there were two places provided I had been fair, that said if it was raining and a couple with a dog and child came in, so long as the restaurant wasn't mobbed I would let them in, the bar could be a bit busy at weekends, full of farmers and the like arguing over whos bull is best tiz enough to freek a towny kid right out

For saftey there is no way you could have dogs laying on the floor if the restaurant was full, the outcome could be horrid, waitress trips over dog, hot soup all over old lady and dog, ouch!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 02:33 PM
I like the idea of being able to take the dogs with us, sunny days out lunch with the boys, it'll be great, just need to pick the places with tables outside, as for taking them into shops they are like kids in a sweetie shop all the new smells have them going in circles, so I tend to shop alone.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by bribiba View Post
Could you imagine my Toby in a restaurant...'cuddle anyone'!!

he has the TOBY cuddle down to a fine art
for those wondering what we are talking about, whilst at fran's the other day she pulled a chair out in the kitchen and asked me to sit there, she said she was going to show me something with Toby, I being the trusting type sat and she said to toby go on give her a cuddle, I thought F**K this pony is gona flatten me to the floor, but he didn't he came and stood in front of me, gave me a lick from my chin to my forehead, then put a paw round my waist and his chin on my sholder, it was a proper cuddle, not rough or heavy, he gives better cuddles than my OH, Fran you gota get a photo of that and put it on here,
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 04:21 PM
I would love it, we are far too petty in the UK, we need to relax a bit like are euro neighbours.

Jess goes practically everywhere with us so it would be great to take her out when we go for a meal too...!
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
I like the idea of being able to take the dogs with us, sunny days out lunch with the boys, it'll be great, just need to pick the places with tables outside, as for taking them into shops they are like kids in a sweetie shop all the new smells have them going in circles, so I tend to shop alone.

Were the same even with pubs as 99% we know dont let dogs in, I cannot understand why as 10 years ago a pub that didnt let a dog in was rare.

I dont go to 'upmarket' pubs as I prefare them to be 'old man' homely pubs now in getting on abit (23)

So its the same with restaurants and pubs when we get a meal, its outside or we dont go, Jess dosent like to be alone so she is always with us and if there were more places we could take her that would be fab.

Im sure the pubs would get more custom if they let dogs in.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-04-2007, 08:51 AM
I'm a mixture of both, I'm a bit spoilt for choice when it comes to pubs round here as the majority of New Forest pubs do allow dogs in the gardens, in fact I'm trying to think of one that doesnt allow them in the garden, but there are a few round that dogs aren't allowed inside or if they are then you have to sit with the smokers

I always opt for outside anyway as generally your further away from people and the damn tourists, I get fed up with loads of kids asking to come and stroke them as well when I'm in the middle of eating my meal. I really like being able to go for a walk on the forest then stop at the pub for lunch on the way home or whilst out on our walk. My two are angels in the pub and got to know the routine right from the start when they were young, get under the table lay down, hush and you'll get sneakily fed any bits of food I dont want. I think that's what has helped them settle under the table when they were young

This summer my husband and I plan to combine a few trips out with all the animals, him riding his horse, and me on my bike with the two dogs and going to a lot of the local pubs up by the stables. I adore days out like that where we are all out together.

Like I said originally though I'm a mixture of both and I do enjoy my evenings out without my dogs as well. They dont have to be attached to me 24/7. I do like time away from them as much as love spending time with them !

I am glad that dogs arent allowed in some restaurants as there is always inevitably always some damn numpty who thinks it's perfectly acceptable to let their dog bark/pester other diners/let the dog be a nuisance and they think it's cute that their dog is saying hello to other people off lead doing as it pleases.

So I like both options, I was brought up though in a country that doesnt allow dogs in pubs/shops/anywhere that food is served at all and it was very unheard of that people take the dog out for the day or have a dog walker if your out at work for the day ! First time I walked into a NF pub and I saw a dog in there I said to my husband 'That doesnt look like an assistance dog ! What's it doing inside a pub ?!'
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4