Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
What a nutter, it must have been very scary.

I wouldn't believe his story, if he had been attacked by 9 dogs, killed 4 that would have left 5, he would have been shredded wouldn't he? At the very least badly scarred.
And wouldn't it have made front age news somewhere? He still sounds a nutter though.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 08:32 PM
Southend my local town is full of them that would probably come out with something like that. Glad your BF turned up at the right time and you and your dog got away safely.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 08:41 PM
wow, what a strange (and probably not true) thing to say

Glad you all got away fine fine though! (bet he doesnt tell a rottie owner that story though)
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-12-2011, 10:38 PM

I wouldn't believe his story, if he had been attacked by 9 dogs, killed 4 that would have left 5, he would have been shredded wouldn't he? At the very least badly scarred.

Totally agree with this, sounds like the guy was a complete nutter and a compulsive liar. Good job your boyfriend turned up when he did. As if you just go and pick up somebody elses dog............

Maybe he had a thing for you!? and was trying to act all macho-man in front of your boyfriend? If so that has to be the worst pick up line in history.

I think..... Somebody should go back to his spongey cell, for some R and R and some special medicines........
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
He wasn't on his way to Birmingham was he......we have alot of his kind already here Never very pleasant when they decide your ''the one'' to talk too
Never a truer statment made! I seem to have a big invisible arrow over my head pointing down at me that only the nuters can see. They all make a bee line for me (unless I have Zane).
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind words It really did spook me, I wasn't expecting him to come out with something like that! It just made me think what if Molly hadn't taken kindly to being picked up and had bitten him? How might he have reacted?

Originally Posted by kat14778 View Post
Scary was that Leicester station if so I'm glad don't go that part of town often glad your bf turned up and you and molly are fine
It was indeed! You've got the right idea staying away from that part of town - the centre is nice enough during the day but it's not always pleasant at night!

He kept going on about his back and how he had metal plates connecting his spine so I guess it might have been true but still, you would expect him to have some marks on his face?

Besides, how often is it that you get a pack of 9 Rottweilers running around Leicester attacking people?!

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
He wasn't on his way to Birmingham was he......we have alot of his kind already here Never very pleasant when they decide your ''the one'' to talk too
Must say, my boyfriend is from Birmingham and we have met a few strange people out there too! I think you're safe from him for now though as he was trying to tell us about where he lived in Leicester as we walked off!

Definitely agree though, it's not very pleasant. He just seemed perfectly harmless at first!

Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Be very wary & never let anyone pick your dog up, if need be walk briskly away (you can double back for your bf later) there are weirdos & dog nappers & sometimes theyre both

Glad all was ok
I'll definitely never let anyone I don't know pick her up again, it all happened so quickly I just thought once he had hold of her it would be better not to get funny with him in case he reacted badly. Must admit, I'm kind of glad I didn't say anything considering what he said afterwards! I'm starting to think if maybe I should just hold her next time we're at the station to make sure no one can get to her without my permission.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 01:15 AM
.... oh dear ,translated in 'manspeak'.. ' a rott looked at me a bit funny one day and i pooed my pants'
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Originally Posted by Magpyex View Post
That was a statement I was told on Friday night by a man.. while he was petting Molly

We were waiting for my OH at the train station and Molly was getting quite a lot of attention from passers by, which was really nice as she loves getting a fuss This guy came over to stroke her and after a while he asked if she liked being picked up and then picked her up even though I told him she didn't like it. By this point I was feeling a bit weird and I wasn't comfortable with him being near us any more but I didn't want to say anything because he was a LOT bigger than me and I didn't want to anger him while he was holding my dog. Thankfully my OH turned up then and the guy put Molly down but he kept stroking her and talking to us. My boyfriend was trying to get us away (I was making faces at him over the guy's head!) and as we were trying to make a move, this guy just looked up at us and said 'I was attacked by 9 Rottweilers you know. But don't worry, I killed 4 of them with my switch knife'

I was absolutely gobsmacked! We just ended up picking Molly up and leaving as swiftly as possible!
i've had situations like this.
these sorts of people arent telling the truth, of course.
they are just one sandwich short of a picnic.
i always prevent the impending dodgy behaviour thru tone of voice and body language.
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 11:59 AM
How scary. I'm so glad I have large dogs when I think of situations like this.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2011, 01:04 PM
The pack of vicious rotts was surrounding him, he drew the only weapon he had, his trusty switch knife....then they pounced, he managed to take out 4 with one swift and skilled movement............

Then he woke up
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >