Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 07:52 AM

'Morning' Dogs

I've just been sat here sniggering to myself, as I realise Border Collies are very much Morning dogs, raring to go, out like a shot, up on full alert etc.,

Mojo (JRT) however just isn't firstly she sleeps upstairs on the bed....yes on the bed, she's never made a mess etc., I rather think she knows not too as this is definately her ''heaven'' in life
But we have to get up early here, and the sighs and 'Im ignoring you' and the hiding under the bedcovers, the ears flopped down when she does come down, the 'where's the nearest warm spot'' to go back to sleep, the Oh! outside if I must'' reaction, and the sneaking back upstairs afterwards........tells me she really isn't a morning pup
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:29 AM
Mojo sounds like she'd have enjoyed being a cat

With my 2 labs, Barney tends to wake up quite quickly, be alert & the first to want to go downstairs (BTW both mine sleep in the bedroom, either on or off the bed, depending on how hot it is & whether they get booted off in the night 'cos they're taking up to much room!). But I think, with Barney, it's more a case of "what yer doin', where yer goin', can I come too" etc etc ~ nosey dog!

With Wilma it's a different story ~ she's much more reluctant to get up in the mornings. When I get up, she takes my place for a cuddle with my OH & puts her face right into his face & snuggles really close to him. He's usually very sleepy (not a morning person either ) & they both enjoy their morning cuddles.

Then when I go downstairs to let them out, Barney rushes out barking to chase away the pesky fox that hangs around the garden & Wilma stays by the back door (if she's managed to drag herself downstairs in her sleepy state!). After breakfast, Barney hangs around to watch me feeding the birds, getting their dinner out of the freezer in the garage & making a coffee. By this time Wilma's back upstairs & in bed with OH. In fact she has been known, on occasion, to stay in bed till 3.00 p.m. ~ lazy moo

It's not a "breed" thing with my dogs ~ just their individual ways.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:34 AM
My boy (JRT cross) is not a morning dog either!
He gets woken up in the morning to go out for a wee, comes back in, and generally sleeps again until about lunch time if I don't take him out before that!
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:35 AM
- I do not have morning Collies.

Mum was laughing outside this morning as was calling them off the bed to get them out. Gabe and Zeff were outside...but the girls.....they did not want to get up!
(But I think they catch that from me !)
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Benjie will not move from a warm spot unless he thinks there is a chance of stealing food off someone's plate or if he thinks he's heard his lead.

Sadie and Louie - as soon as I sit up in bed in a morning - they're on me like a flash - I have to have morning kisses! It's the law for them, I don't mind it, but would much rather not be slobbered on whilst being pinned down. On the other hand - they make great make up removers
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Mine's a zombie in the evenings - we've had to all but bodily carry him outside for a last thing at night toilet visit before when he's got comfy and can't be bothered to budge!

The cat, on the other hand, won't willingly emerge from the bedroom until 3pm (just went and checked on her and there's her usual suspicious cat-shaped lump under the duvet where it's nice and warm) and will then be up being a pest scrounging cuddles till the small hours!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by wilbar View Post
Mojo sounds like she'd have enjoyed being a cat

With my 2 labs, Barney tends to wake up quite quickly, be alert & the first to want to go downstairs (BTW both mine sleep in the bedroom, either on or off the bed, depending on how hot it is & whether they get booted off in the night 'cos they're taking up to much room!). But I think, with Barney, it's more a case of "what yer doin', where yer goin', can I come too" etc etc ~ nosey dog!

With Wilma it's a different story ~ she's much more reluctant to get up in the mornings. When I get up, she takes my place for a cuddle with my OH & puts her face right into his face & snuggles really close to him. He's usually very sleepy (not a morning person either ) & they both enjoy their morning cuddles.

Then when I go downstairs to let them out, Barney rushes out barking to chase away the pesky fox that hangs around the garden & Wilma stays by the back door (if she's managed to drag herself downstairs in her sleepy state!). After breakfast, Barney hangs around to watch me feeding the birds, getting their dinner out of the freezer in the garage & making a coffee. By this time Wilma's back upstairs & in bed with OH. In fact she has been known, on occasion, to stay in bed till 3.00 p.m. ~ lazy moo

It's not a "breed" thing with my dogs ~ just their individual ways.
I think Mojo thinks she is a cat breed variety, she does her best on walks to be a BC....but then gets back with the shivers and 'hot hot hot mom look' she loves to snuggle up the Patrick in bed
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
My boy (JRT cross) is not a morning dog either!
He gets woken up in the morning to go out for a wee, comes back in, and generally sleeps again until about lunch time if I don't take him out before that!
Mojo has had breakfast and gone back upstairs just popped my head round the bedroom door and she is fast asleep under the radiator with the cat
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
- I do not have morning Collies.

Mum was laughing outside this morning as was calling them off the bed to get them out. Gabe and Zeff were outside...but the girls.....they did not want to get up!
(But I think they catch that from me !)
No Morning Collies......................swap please
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Benjie will not move from a warm spot unless he thinks there is a chance of stealing food off someone's plate or if he thinks he's heard his lead.

Sadie and Louie - as soon as I sit up in bed in a morning - they're on me like a flash - I have to have morning kisses! It's the law for them, I don't mind it, but would much rather not be slobbered on whilst being pinned down. On the other hand - they make great make up removers
hee!hee! thats like these...well except Mojo
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
Mine's a zombie in the evenings - we've had to all but bodily carry him outside for a last thing at night toilet visit before when he's got comfy and can't be bothered to budge!

The cat, on the other hand, won't willingly emerge from the bedroom until 3pm (just went and checked on her and there's her usual suspicious cat-shaped lump under the duvet where it's nice and warm) and will then be up being a pest scrounging cuddles till the small hours!
All my cats are upstairs too.....its a bad life for them isn;'t it
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
All my cats are upstairs too.....its a bad life for them isn;'t it
I'm definitely working on the being reincarnated as a cat plan for the afterlife.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Jake is definitely a morning dog he is always up and raring to go!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Yes well we made the mistake of buying Cherry one of those heated pet-beds one year. As soon as it was out of the box she was on it! She loved it.

However, if I was trying to get her out for morning walks I had to tip it up almost vertically to get her to move off! She lay there and dug her feet in little monkey.

If Jamie is starting work the same time as me she likes to sit on the sette with him whilst he has breakfast but I can only let her do that if she has "been" in the garden so sometimes I am really mean and make her come along if she doesn't want to.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >