Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-07-2006, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by GSDLover
The rule of thumb which has guided me so far in dog ownership is, never do anything with one dog do that you wouldn't or couldn't cope with if you had more than one dog..
I agree with this....but I had to change the arrangements....I worked nights (in California) and the air conditioner worked better in the living room so I used to sleep in there on the sofa most of the summer....my rott, akita X, whippet, chi x and may 'occasional lodger' Joey, the Pit x all had their 'space' in the couch with me...it got a bit cramped so I ended up shutting them all in the air conditioned living room and I went back to my bedroom with the pathetic AC vent and a fan.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2006, 07:11 AM
I started off not letting dogs on furniture but decided I wanted to have them close to me and enjoy that, and that not letting them on furniture was me missing out at the end of the day

So after about 6 months of not being on furniture they were allowed to be, and were and have been ever after. I have a leather sofa now, much easier to keep clean.
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Well I agree with the others who have said that its best not to confuse the dog anymore than it has been already. Consistency is the key thing. Would she allow the compromise of a seperate chair/settee for the dog, then if *you* wanted, you could join him instead of him joining everyone on the main furniture?

In answer to the question, Tigger is only just 5 months old but to date he is not allowed on our beds or furniture. I can't really see our views on that changing, especially regarding the bed. I suspect that if he's never been allowed to jump up onto the settee then he will be happy on his bed warming my feet!
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-09-2006, 10:02 AM
Sofas yes with sheets and blankets to save on white hair removal

Never used to allow them on beds BUT as Max gets on in life I let them up to lie with me at times before I get up in a morning just for a cuddle. They do prefer their own beds to sleep in though and have big duvets to snuggle down in.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Bongo's allowed on sofas on invitation. She curls up to take up virtually no space at all, and the sofas are hoovered frequently. She very rarely jumps up by herself, and gets down as soon as I give her "the look!"

Beds, no way! She's not allowed upstairs at all!
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9