View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Sofa yes, Bed no. Unless OH is working in the night or away then Roxy has a sneaky sleep on the bed in his place.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 02:21 PM
The best way to win your mum round is to buy a really nice stylish Throw for her sofa, so that when you want 'cuddles' on the sofa, you can quickly put this down and then she wont ruin the sofa
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 02:21 PM
when my OH stays over mine - if i go out the room for a second then come back in the room duke is on my bed !! i dont mind tho !

come on peeps need a good arguement to put my case forward so she will le thim on sofas!!
younglady
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
The best way to win your mum round is to buy a really nice stylish Throw for her sofa, so that when you want 'cuddles' on the sofa, you can quickly put this down and then she wont ruin the sofa
nope wont work with ym mum shes stubborn says he will get the wron gidea and think he can lay on it all day!!!!
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
yes bed

yes sofa
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 03:08 PM
We did let Takara on the sofa but ended up covered in hair when we tried to sit down on it after she'd been there. Plus, everywhere she went, she thought she was allowed to sit on the sofa (didn't go down to well at my gran's when muddy dog jumped on cream sofa). So in order to not confuse her further, we stopped her being allowed on the sofa.

She is allowed on my bed because I spend a lot of time studying in my bedroom (doing A levels, yuk) and it's not a big room so she's out of the way more if she lays on the bed!

However, I was naughty last night and had a 2 hour cuddle on the sofa with the spotty one!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 03:17 PM
hair sucks doesn't it. well i guess it proves how much we love them, letting them in our houses and shedding all over the place! My leather couch was seriously the best purchase ever. My parents thought I was crazy and that it would get ripped, but a year on, and it's doin great. When people come round it gets a wipe down, nice and clean.
There is no point in me not letting them on the sofa, as soon as I leave the house they are righon it anyway! I don't like them on the bed (I don't sleep great as they take up all the space) but there isn't much better than a snuggle with my three favourite friends on a saturday morning...

p.s. I thought this thread was about renting as opposed to buying a house!!!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I have mine on the sofa because it is a strip and wash one
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Yes and Yes!
Bedtime for me consists of Polly (JRT) up next to me by my face..Florrie (westie x dandie dinmont) sorta head in my knees..and the 2 cats around my feet somewhere..its a tight fit!
I couldn't imagine not allowing any pet of mine on sofas/chair and beds TBH...
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Nope to bed or sofa, they're not allowed upstairs at all either (but thats partly because thats the cats' territory!)

Its not a hygiene thing, or a hair thing, but a dominance/pack thing. We have 2 big characters, even if totally different sizes, who need to know neither is top dog, and that they are dogs and we're the bosses, all humans are.

It works really well for us and the dogs. Besides if you have a fluffy dog on her spring moult you want your bed to be hair free! (People are always amazed that I have 2 dogs and cream carpets, its only because the dog hair then blends in).
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »