View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Of course if an animal were to be left alone for days or weeks on end that would probably come under all sorts of provisions to protect against Animal Suffering in general.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
I actually clicked on that
Hi Where does it say in the rules,that you have to spend hours worrying if what you have been told by others whether they are vets,groomers or professionals,surely you would use your own common sense as well,but my answer is I do not have all the answers or all the time in the world to spend on line verifying especially as my broad band is likely to go down and I do not have a library of books to refer to.To me a forum is a place you go to share information that you may have picked up,information is never written in stone,every one even the most cleverest have to rely on other peoples experiences and you either take it or you dont.but all I have to say on the matter is "GET A LIFE". Gemini54
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi Where does it say in the rules,that you have to spend hours worrying if what you have been told by others whether they are vets,groomers or professionals,surely you would use your own common sense as well,but my answer is I do not have all the answers or all the time in the world to spend on line verifying especially as my broad band is likely to go down and I do not have a library of books to refer to.To me a forum is a place you go to share information that you may have picked up,information is never written in stone,every one even the most cleverest have to rely on other peoples experiences and you either take it or you dont.but all I have to say on the matter is "GET A LIFE". Gemini54
You admit you don't have time to check facts. Perhaps safer then not to post giving WRONG facts?

Yes we share information but it is quite important that the information is correct.

You could have saved a lot of your precious time by just admitting you 'got it wrong' instead of endlessly wriggling around it!

You say you spend ages reading stuff - but have no time at all to include a link to it. Or indeed to check that what you've read is correct. You never even tell us WHERE you read or heard it so we can check for ourselves.

The first link you included didn't work and it proved you wrong anyway.

The next link you included wasn't anything to do with the law (and it is the law you are on about) it was from an animal charity. They don't make the laws.
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2013, 12:13 PM
Reminds me of the time Gemini was waxing and complaining about my post re ridgebacks by providing links and 'evidence ' about.......... south African boerbals LOL.

Yes I too was going to point out no such 4 hour law as well . actually there is no such dog warning sign 'law' either it is more to do with legal advice
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 12:39 PM
So what you are saying if someone gives you information from there life experiences,you say thanks and then run a check on them unbeliveable.How many Dogsey members are there and why do you still look at my threads if they are not worthy of your intellect.I may have a degree but I learnt more from life and growing up with old country folk,who on some occasions were barely literate,but give them any beast from horses to dogs,they knew how to handle them,what made them tick.I hope you get some kind of satisfaction from undermining people, my way of dealing with know alls like yourself is put you on my ignore list.I do not wish to read your threads I find you a complete bore,and thank god you do not habitate the same world as me,you listen or probably in your case record everything,and go away smirking to yourself, thinking how high and mighty you are compared to us lowly beings who listen and learn from everyone,we assimilate information and our own common sense tells us whether it right or wrong,life is a matter of trial and error and is not black and white as you would like it to be.Please do me a favour and if you see my threads dont read them if they assault your intelligence.Gemini54
KYes
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2013, 01:17 PM
I don't think anyone disagree with you regarding the wisdom of old country folk. however this has nothing to do with the price of fish as it isn't as that hasn't been mentioned. I think whattang , and many others think or have said, is there is nothing wrong with recounting your lifes experience, its the manner in which you do so. if you. were to write somethings like 'I heard that......'then no worries . but you generally introduce your idea based upon a prejudical critique of others then base that on what you regard as facts with are woefully not facts presenting evidence and links which themselves are simply incorrect.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Indeed and when you say something is unlawful it's usually best not to rely on anecdotal evidence and actually have the correct facts IMO
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 01:31 PM
Just heard something on the mid-day news that the maximum life sentence now for anybody's dog killing a person is 14 years. Of course, if what I have read on here, that would only apply in a public place, not in a person's private property?

I knew about the Beware of the Dog signs, so I have a sign, which is a picture of 6 german shepherds, all lying in front of a blazing fire, just lying there staring, and then underneath it says "I know you've probably got the wrong house, but hey, come on in and let's talk about it" LOL my kinda sign!! The noise Zena makes, you'd think I had six of them anyway!

There is no way in this world, that if anybody BROKE into my house and Zena bit them that she would be put down for it, I'd probably do a runner with her (over to yours Pat!) and let them find us There was a time when an Englishman's home was his castle, but it seems not to be the case nowadays, because tresspassers are never prosecuted, they just get slapped wrists, and your dog is pts and you end up in prison Wadda farce!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-10-2013, 01:41 PM
I think a previous poster on here (Smokeybear) mentioned the dog lawyer Trevor Coopers take on door and gate signs. (Maybe someone with more battery than me could find the post?)

As for it being illegal to leave a dog for more than four hours I doubt that could ever be enforced even if it was law. If it was a baking hot day & you weren't allowed to leave the dog 'alone' are you really going to put your dog in a car? It's a no brainer!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by twix View Post
I think a previous poster on here (Smokeybear) mentioned the dog lawyer Trevor Coopers take on door and gate signs. (Maybe someone with more battery than me could find the post?)

As for it being illegal to leave a dog for more than four hours I doubt that could ever be enforced even if it was law. If it was a baking hot day & you weren't allowed to leave the dog 'alone' are you really going to put your dog in a car? It's a no brainer!
This thread?

Bailey's really done it this time ! - Page 2
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >