Female 

26-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Thank you. True about Laurel and Hardy!
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:13 PM
So cute - how adorable they look.

It makes me so envious of anybody who has 2 dogs.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post

Thank you. First time I've even had two and I hope to always have two from now on...even though it can be a bit of a juggle sometimes.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Aww. My dogs would never lay with each other like that. Jade would never allow it... What great photos. I love seeing photos like this because I can't capture them.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post

Haha, it's not always such a great thing. Tonks is an angeldog and seems like the most serene, mild mannered dog in the world... but not all dogs like each other so much.

I've never actually had the total responsibility of two dogs before now. I used to feed strays and try and get them adopted, but that only lasted for a while and family and neighbors helped too.

It's been kind of hard for me to get Jade to like Nigredo. She's learning to like him, but still acts nasty sometimes. She is sometimes snarking at him and generally being "bitch" to him.

He DOES have a bad habit of overstepping his boundaries, though. Oh, well!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Aww. My dogs would never lay with each other like that. Jade would never allow it... What great photos. I love seeing photos like this because I can't capture them.
It's all down to Tonks really because she is so amazingly tolerant...and also loves physical contact. From the first day we had him he just climbed up on top of her and fell asleep..and she just accepted it no bother! So much for the theory about dominance etc. She lets him get away with so much and sometimes he really pushes her, but if it comes to the crunch and she really wants something...she gets it.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Obviously I'll be continuing getting him used to being handled through clicker training.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
It's all down to Tonks really because she is so amazingly tolerant...and also loves physical contact. From the first day we had him he just climbed up on top of her and fell asleep..and she just accepted it no bother! So much for the theory about dominance etc. She lets him get away with so much and sometimes he really pushes her, but if it comes to the crunch and she really wants something...she gets it.
Jade isn't like that at all. She's a very affectionate dog with my family and me, but she's had little exposure to dogs. Adult dogs are normally keen in understanding the puppies are no threat.

She gets this and I HIGHLY doubt that she'd ever bite or truly hurt him. BUT she'd NEVER, EVER let him lay on her or jump on her. If he even lays a PAW on her, she will not only growl, but bare her teeth and downright SNARL.

A while ago, when Nigredo used to push his boundaries, she'd growl and he'd run... like he does with the cats, but it's getting different now.

He's getting big now though and is almost shoulder to shoulder with her, and I think he is starting to see that she's no longer so scary.

The other day when you saw her snarl at him (rather viciously might I add) he stood his ground. I was so shocked. He used to RUN!

He still runs from an angry cat... but he is beginning to really challenge those snarls "call her bluff", and she's beginning to turn away rather than stand up to him.

She snarled at him today for putting a foot on her back and all he did was yip in her face and she turned away and gave up. I am trying to discourage him from harassing the old girl, but as a puppy.. it's going to happen a little bit no matter what I do.

She's always been a submissive dog, even with Brownie and I think the roles are really changing. He's not aggressive, he doesn't bite her or act like a dominant douchedoggy... he just isn't scared of her and she's starting to see that and give up.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Remus is getting to the hormonal adolescent stage and is taking a bit longer to accept when Tonks says no. I do a lot of distraction with him when he's being a pain to her. ...and he's soon wanting a cuddle from her and a snooze instead of a rough play.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2013, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Remus is getting to the hormonal adolescent stage and is taking a bit longer to accept when Tonks says no. I do a lot of distraction with him when he's being a pain to her. ...and he's soon wanting a cuddle from her and a snooze instead of a rough play.
Nigredo was neutered when I got him. He's also only 5 months old. He's not a hormone filled rage head, thankfully. I know it's too early but it's very common because people won't bring the dogs back in to get them fixed.

He's always been an intrusive doggy. He bombards the cats and he jumps and bombards family members and strangers alike. VERY friendly, but still annoying.

I try and distract Nigredo as well, but sometimes a puppy's will is stronger than you think. I saw you say Remus is about 9 months old... a bit older than Nigredo. I can see Nigredo getting to be quite a bit bigger than Jade.

Once that happens, she'll probably just submit to him like she did with my previous male. Can't tell whether Nigredo is an "alpha" male or not... but she's simply not the type of dog that will stand up to dogs that don't fear her.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >