View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:04 AM
I disagree with crating for extended periods of time but I have no issue with crating Rupert for a couple of hours while I go shopping or whatever. He has no problems with his crate and is actually in there sleeping now. If I didn't crate him while out I'd come back to chewed up furniture. It's impossible to fully proof a room as I can't remove doors, walls, flooring, windowsills etc.

I use a bigger crate than is recommended as I don't like how little space the recommended size gives. I can understand it for house training purposes but to me it seems unfair to keep a dog in a space that small.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
alls good..except the enclosed door would be like hiding in a fitted wardrobe
Yes-I've tried that and I still haven't reached Narnia!

They look very expensive-especially if you wanted a large one for your Boxer Murf.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Nice chew toy
Just what i was thinking!!!
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Very nice! Bet it is ridiculously expensive though?

Just found this one.....but that is serious money!!

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product...LAID=613887449
Yikes!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 12:42 PM
I disagree with crating for extended periods of time but I have no issue with crating Rupert for a couple of hours while I go shopping or whatever. He has no problems with his crate and is actually in there sleeping now. If I didn't crate him while out I'd come back to chewed up furniture. It's impossible to fully proof a room as I can't remove doors, walls, flooring, windowsills etc.

I use a bigger crate than is recommended as I don't like how little space the recommended size gives. I can understand it for house training purposes but to me it seems unfair to keep a dog in a space that small.

Agree with all of the above. Crates are a WONDERFUL think just as playpens are for babes/tots.

It keeps dogs safe
It keeps other dogs safe
It keeps babies safe
It keeps the house and contents safe

I can see no reason to disapprove of crates unless, like anything else, they are abused.

Food, equipment, dogs and people can be abused, so as long as they are used correctly and not as punishment etc then I think they are a boon to dog owners the world over.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3