Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
The door is slatted too. Wouldn't be that much different to a crate with a blanket over it or the Lintran car boxes etc.
i can see that i would prefer a different door thats all
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 09:29 AM
We have put a coffee table between two sofa's and just block the front (keeps Duncan safe) and have put a duvet under the dining table with chairs round it if we need to keep Mollie in but the crate in the picture is much more attractive just have a feeling it may be out of our reach money wise.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Very nice! Bet it is ridiculously expensive though?

Just found this one.....but that is serious money!!

http://www.orvis.co.uk/store/product...LAID=613887449
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i can see that i would prefer a different door thats all
Then buy a different design This one looks to be the most enclosed one available, there's loads with wider and longer slats that let more air/light in
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Poor little dog in box.
Yes I know crates are good for transport and pups... but am I alone in disliking them?
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Poor little dog in box.
Yes I know crates are good for transport and pups... but am I alone in disliking them?
Introduced and used properly I don't see the issue. I personally don't use them because I don't have room for two 48" crates in the living room but when we move I'll probably get some, just to use with the doors open to give the dog a little den to retreat to. My mum's pup was crate trained from the go and she takes herself off to her crate in the evening when she's ready for bed.
It's when a dog is shut up in one all day that I don't think they're very fair, but pretty much any dog equipment is open to misuse.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 10:44 AM
I suppose it`s an age thing. They weren`t invented / in general use till about 10 years ago.
The one in the picture though - it`s designed to be kept closed isn`t it? You wouldn`t leave that heavy door open. So it`s just a small cage. Why is it OK to keep dogs in a cage they can`t move round in, but not any other animal (except battery hens)?
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I suppose it`s an age thing. They weren`t invented / in general use till about 10 years ago.
The one in the picture though - it`s designed to be kept closed isn`t it? You wouldn`t leave that heavy door open. So it`s just a small cage. Why is it OK to keep dogs in a cage they can`t move round in, but not any other animal (except battery hens)?
a house can be a prison too

dogs are 'denning' animals so its more natural to them.

but i really dont like the slats in that door
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Oz and Snoop both love their crates and we no longer even shut the doors ..
We can take the folding crates anywhere and they have a safe haven ..

Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Mine love crates too, although only Diesel and Frankie have them in use currently. Frankie my terrier will always find a dark corner/space to sleep in so I put his canvas crate up for him and he uses it all the time. Diesel my staffie kept going in Franks for a kip so I put one up for Diesel too. Rio (female Dobermann) likes to squish herself in if either crate is left vacant, they're both far too small for her but she doesn't care and she's very flexible.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >