Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2012, 09:53 PM

Odd incident!!!

we were walking along the beach this afternoon with one pap and our dobe , saw a chavtastic gentleman coming down the beach with a mastiff type puppy ( beautiful beautiful puupy!!! ) who when he saw us picking up after our dogs informed us we just needed to kick sand over it dont get me started . . . and he then shouted over "whats that" gesturing at our dobe i replied he was a boy on discovering he was a boy said gentleman then asked "is that for sale?" that??!!! he is not a that!! i primly replied im afraid not and carried on walking!!! does this exchange sound as odd as i think it was?? now if he had offered a swap . . . . . im totally joking!!!!!!
has anyone else ever had similar proposition?? or am i just creating!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Doesn't sound ODD to me, living in Cyprus where they don't actually like dogs much at all, just see them as hunting accessories or guards or whatever.

Min pins are not seen that much here - and tho the indigenous population doesn't like yer average dog - they DO seem to like cute little unusual for Cyprus dogs!

I've been asked so many times what she is and where I got her and how much was she. And most of all is she going to 'have babies' NO she isn't she's 'been done'.

One day I was walking her and this Cyp guy stopped me and said in broken English 'how much?' I was a bit taken aback but replied '€500'.

With that, he shoved his hand in his pocket and brought out this huge roll of notes and started counting off 500 assuming he was asking how much I paid for her!

Jaysus Krist! I mean who the hell sells their dog to someone when they are out walking it? Well I think the obvious answer must be - Cypriots do!
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
wow words . . . fail . . could not imagine going out dogless and coming back with dog never mind swapping my doglets for some bits of paper!!!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 10:03 PM
I know mac! Leaves you gobsmacked even when you think NOTHING will surprise you here!
mac82
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2012, 10:07 PM
well friend went to egypt and her boyfriend was offered 4 camels for her!!! she had bright red hair i think she was rather shocked when boyfriend didnt reply immediately!!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2012, 10:18 PM
OMG I went to Cairo with my understudy for her 21st. Never again! We have a saying here (which I hadn't heard before we went!)

If you have enemies - send them to Cairo! haaa
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 08:52 AM
no wonder so many dogs wind up in rescues, doesnt suprise me at all, personally I would have moved on the second he advised me to cover it over with sand o.0
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
no wonder so many dogs wind up in rescues, doesnt suprise me at all, personally I would have moved on the second he advised me to cover it over with sand o.0
It was the poo he was advising to cover in sand, not the dog!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-03-2012, 09:19 AM
We were out walking Rosie around the lake in town the other day and two kiddies (with their mum) fussed her and as they moved on the little lad said 'mum, I want one like that'. Little girl (about 5 I would think) whipped round and said 'can he have your pup, I'll give you a fiver for her'

Mum was so embarrassed, bless her, but the way the little 'un said it you couldn't help but fall about laughing
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-03-2012, 10:45 AM
I was walking Spud ( SBT ) his mum and my GSD in Dunfermline one sunday a few years ago, I got to chatting with a young guy who, after telling me he'd not long had to get his Staffie put to sleep because it "turned" asked me how much I wanted for Spud I told him I'd rather sell one of my kidney's before I'd sell one of my dogs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >