Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:17 AM

Benji Boy

For the last 4/5 years I have known a wsd who belongs to an elderly couple who a fairly local. They knew they shouldn't have got him but they had always had collies and so they did it anyway. They found him a bit of a handful but with help they were doing OK. He was driven to the beach (on the Roseland) and allowed to run free. On the lead he was awful, he had an ordinary harness on all the time (24/7) and they used that and a bungee lead. So he sort of bounced back and forth! He chases traffic---and anything else that moves so sometimes he was hard to catch and he had run into a land rover in the car park a few times---all very laid back as is the way here but he seems to have broken his front canine badly.

He lived in a wonderful house right on the sea with its own little beach and mooring area---used to be the customs boat house. If he got out he went to the pub, very fast if a motor bike happened to be going that way!

Sadly last week his lady owner died suddenly and the gentleman is lovely but knows he can't cope with Benji. The funeral is today and on Wednesday I went over to pick Benj up. The children are lovely and Con will be going back to Cumbria with the daughter. I will keep Benj here until Con is ready to decide what he wants and what he can cope with. I am sure he will want him rehomed.

I took him out yesterday with my three that I walk (the other four aren't up to going far if they go at all). It worked better than I thought it might.

I have a feeling he will stay here with me, I have always liked him and he is going to be difficult as an only dog. He does tend to run off to other dogs and he was difficult to get out of the water yesterday!

rune
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 09:42 AM
Awww bless him, and how sad for Con, his mind must be in a turmoil at the moment.

It would be so lovely if he could stay with you and yours, if he gets on ok with them, you seem to understand him more than anyone else would and I'm sure Con would find it a great comfort.

If only there were more people in the world like you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Photos please Lynn

He sounds just lovely - you are so good to take him in x
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Sad Story Just looked at the pics of him he's very cute hope all goes well with him