Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Cardiff dog walks.

We are in Cardiff for the week at my parents and usually walk on either the castle grounds or llandaff fields.

I wondered if anyone knew if any other good places to walk. They need to be fairly big areas, bug enough for Remus to stretch his legs... And no where near livestock so tgey can both be off lead. Woodlands etc?

Any ideas anyone?
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 09:33 PM
Not a notion!!
Just wanted to say hope you guys have a great week
Have fun
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Thank you. The dogs have been making the most of the garden which is 7 or 8 times the size of our tiny postage stamp. Remus mapped out his own race track while we were having tea and sprinted the same route over and over again. : )
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2013, 10:20 PM
Bless him Can just imagine that
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 07:31 PM
I hope we get photos of this!.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2013, 08:08 PM
I'll try and do some tomorrow.

Well we went to Llandff fields again today...God I really don't like walking my dogs places that I don't know that well! Its started off badly as Tonks collar snapped undone as soon as we got out of the car so she shot off thinking she had been let off lead, I got her back on lead and set off. They both need to run, initially things went well and then Tonks started running from one big patch of tree to another sniffing squirrel scents I think. She has been staying close, but as soon as I stopped to pick up poo she started to wander, I should have put her on lead before doing that ..I know. Then I looked up and couldn't see her....then horror....caught sight of her chasing a tractor that was putting up rugby posts!! Tractors and sit on lawn mowers are the only things she chases, and when I see her chase them I am so grateful that I did loads of work with her as a puppy teaching her not to chase bikes, shooters or children...but also kick myself for not teaching her to not chase tractors!

So she went back on lead in disgrace...which meant Remus wouldn't run anymore.

On a plus side, 3 people stopped us to say what a stunner Remus was and one said what a lovely staffie Tonks was.