Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 09:57 AM

Canine Health Concern courses

Has anyone been on the study courses offered by Canine Health Concern ? If so, what do you think of it ? Or has anyone been on similar course elesewhere (and what did you think of them) ?

CHC have one-day, two-day, and 2 days plus home study courses and cover things like diet, vaccination, genetics, conventional and alternative therapies. [click on the Certified Study Program tab at their homepage http://www.canine-health-concern.org.uk/ ]

Also, CHC offer discounts for groups of people booking and for dog clubs who can host courses locally. So anyone in the Slough area interested ?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 10:29 AM
!!!!!!!

yesyesyes

I have been on the foundation health care course and thoroughly and highly recommend it! Catherine is a good friend of mine, and i also recommend you become a member... you will receive lots of new info about what she is researching and how the vaccine/food companies are developing (she goes around the world talking to them, and giving conferences)

She has had a documentary made i think it aired in 1995 about vaccines and vets, and this year she has written a few articles for Dogs Today...
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the feedback Jess.

Did you do the full 2-day plus home study option ? I've not even got my puppy yet (and probably wont till next year) but I imagine having a better understanding of things like genetics and vaccs vs. nosodes would be most useful now.

Having done the course, do you think it makes sense for someone currently without a dog to go on it ?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 10:59 AM
yes i did the two day plus home study.
Yes i think it makes alot of sense for you.

The more you know about dogs the better an owner you will be when your little one arrives.

It is actually alot of fun, but you will come away feeling very different about the world around you, and questioning things you do, and why you do them.

It affected my whole life.. I questioned why my horse was wearing a saddle that was bad for him, so i got him a natural treeless one... I don't vaccinate him and moved him to a yard that isn't bothered about vaccines either! Also I took his shoes off so he is more natural...

Again, every individual is different, what is good for one is not for the other..
I am still learning, you never stop, the trick is to ask the right questions...
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks again! I'll have to wait until they release her new schedule of dates (last one listed on the website is currently this Nov. in Poole).
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:13 AM
If i were you i would give them a call to let them know you are interested, if you can get a bunch of people to go at once, they may lower the price for you too...