Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2006, 03:45 PM
What a beauty! Lovely photos.
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-09-2006, 06:56 PM
you all so nice thankyou. I am glad you think she is beautiful it makes up for alot of the reaction we get when out.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by ellenlouise View Post
you all so nice thankyou. I am glad you think she is beautiful it makes up for alot of the reaction we get when out.
can't believe how big she got, i was waiting to see her, as i thought she was a beautiful pup! Very nice looking dog now, what is her temperment like? Is she good off lead?

What do people say when your out?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 10:51 AM
She's so beautiful, you must be so proud of her.
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 10:55 AM
Her temperment is great she hasn't got a viscious bone in her body. She is very good at adapting her behaviour to the people she is with. For example with me when she is playing she is a hyper manic boisterous puppy still. Then when she is training she is brillaint apart from her concentration can be slight laxs sometimes. When say my grandma is about she is so gentle is as if she knows that my grandma cant handle a big bouncy dog around.

She is brillaint of lead. She loves to go running with me in the country and I can trust her to follow me and come back to be 99% of the time. We live on a reasonably busy street with cyles and people always wondering about but i cn leave the front door open and wash the car or weed the garden with her off lead and she will pay a 100% attention to me and where she is allowed to go and when she has to come in etc.. She only lapses when other dogs are around her recall deterates if she is playing with other dogs but it is getting better. She now will only go and see another dog with permission and as soon as she sees me starting to jog and I call her name she is back by my side.

People arent that nice about her when we go on walks. They believe that she is to big and that she shouldnt have been bred. Apparently the only reason I have her 'is to look scary and keep people away' Lots of people don't like her near there dogs even though she is healing beautifully, while they are being dragged by there barking disobeident dogs. It does annoy me but I am used to it and I know how wonderful she is. She isnt that big and she has the kindest face. I really don't see how people can see anything other than that.

I will get picture of her soon. promise!
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:11 AM
i just wrote out a big post then lost it!

i have a similar cross (if you break down the NI) and she will be 1 tomorrow!

People shout 'wolf' at me, which is worrying, as if she put a foot out of place, i would have the police at my door no doubt
whereas my little jack russell type runs and barks at people passing by the house (if i give him half a chance) and they laugh at him cos he is small... people are odd.

Akela is very sweet natured, but bossy with the other dogs! Very independant, but good at one on one training with me,
this is her recently:

how old is kia now?
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Akela is beautiful is she a N.I X GSD? she is 16 months old now. People are very odd I agree.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2006, 11:21 AM
She's a beauty
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >