register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 05:01 PM
Its double insulated, double floor with insulation in between the layers, rubber matting AND shavings, Harvey when you are in there you can feel the difference. Remember also that all 5 of them go in together when its cold, the other one takes 2 of them, odd times you'll get Mabs or Kesh going in that one, hence it has a heat lamp, but wouldn't be surprised to learn that the heat lamp isn't needed, but don't want to take the risk.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2016, 05:06 PM
Hope everyone gets sorted with whatever needs sorting? Watched Paddington on DVD and there were some giggles but not sure what age group should watch it? Jericho on tonight and death in paradise. So record one side and watch other. Have a good evening peeps. No snow yet but I bet the cars will need scraping in the morning.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
June seems they have no rhyme or reason either they want out or they have underestimated how angry people will get and leave
I feel sorry for you Lynn, it is well known that insurance companies operate their marketing plan by offering low rates to get you in and then bump them up after they feel you are hooked, and as you say it maybe that they have made a decision to get out of pet insurance, to do that they have to get as many customers as possible to leave, the few that stay will be paying horrendous premiums and so a buyer of the 'book' will be tempted.

We've never had insurance, in CZ no one insures their pets, in fact hardly anyone has comprehensive cover on their car, I'm certain that they would have said all Baruskas problems were pre-existing anyway

Now in England no one will cover Rianna at her age and not being born in UK and poor old Casey has this heart condition which is definately a 'pre-existing' condition so insurance is something I don't even think about.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Glad you and your friend enjoyed lunch, June. Sounds like a very pleasant spot.
Sue - Don't worry about flying in food drops for the dogs - my lot would cheerfully eat me if their grub ran out! lol !
Lynn - I'd need a lot of icing sugar - I think at the last count Saddleworth Moor was a bit over 25 square miles. lol
Good afternoon Harvey - hope you're having a decent day of it down there!
Bye fer now folks - see you all later
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Remember also that all 5 of them go in together when its cold,
I bet that's a lovely sight, all snuggled up to each other
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2016, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by gordon mac View Post
Don't worry about flying in food drops for the dogs - my lot would cheerfully eat me if their grub ran out! lol !
Nah far too thin and too tough, I'm sure even Fagin likes a bit of meat on his bone

Has been miserable weather here, no snow but lots of sleet, a biting wind, and plenty of rain. Saw a solitary Swan in a field next to the river today, I put Casey on his lead just in case he saw it, I was puzzled as I thought that Swans were always in pairs, there has always been two when I've seen them on the river.

Anyway, all back home now, heating on 'boost' and won't be going out again tonight I hope
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Maybe you mixed it with talcum powder LG.
Blooming freezing here too Harvey and the wind is very strong had to pop out and prop a fence panel up hope it works. Do not fancy being out in the garden in this weather with Dillon on a lead.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Hoping Dillon has the sense to go out, do whats needed, and come right back in where its warm Glad I bought some logs on the way home, I was in 2 minds, but thought may as well as I was close to home. Of course I was putting 2 bags into one of the wood bins and it slipped and fell into the dogs water bucket, which I had just cleaned and refilled
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Oh noooooooooo.
Dillon and sense.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2016, 05:49 PM
Huge apologise June I misread tumbleweed for your name but have redone it in another thread. So all is right now.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >